Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection e-Licensig questions

j-carles
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would be really glad if somebody could point me in the differences between the following p/n: UNITYCN7-100USR and L-UNITYCN7-100USR=

UNITYCN7-100USRUnity Connection, 24 ports, 100 users - All user Features
L-UNITYCN7-100USR=Unity Connection 7.x Users - 100 Pack - eDelivery

They seem to be the same product (licenses) but it seems that the first one covers 24 ports and the second only 2 (!!) ports.

Is this true? Can anybody in Cisco or other partner confirm this?

Thanks in advance for your help and regards,

Carles

7 Replies 7

j-carles
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Srini,

Thanks for your fast answer.

But our field technicians are telling me that with the L-UNITYCN7-100USR=, they are only "seeing" 2 ports available when they install that licence. Any idea about getting the 24 ports, or the max available number of them? L-UNITYCN7-100USR is not a configurable item so I cannot set the number of needed ports ...

Regards,

Carles

Actually correction to my post Uconn 8.X is where ports aren't counted anymore. Uconn 7 still has counted ports. Your question is good since the paper SKU for 100 users isn't even showing. It automatically defaults to E delivery. Initial orders should come with 24 ports. Any subsequent additions are charged using th UNITYCN7-LIC-UPG as the top level SLU

Have you opened a case with licensing? The initial system should have been ordered using UNITYCN7-K9 as the top level SKU. That would have given you these ports and the e delivery would be add on.

This is from the OG.

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/ucbu_uc_og.pdf

A port represents a telephony session with the Cisco Unity Connection system, so a “24-port” system can have up to

24 people simultaneously leaving messages or checking messages over the telephone. Note: Checking messages

using an IMAP-based client, Cisco Unity Inbox Web Client, or Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator does not take up a

port. The software packages discussed previously start with 24 ports.

Hello, again, Srini,

After doing a double-check of the original order I can be a bit more explicit.

As the top Unity Connection SKU (UNITYCN7-K9) and the associated user licences (UNITYCN7-100USR) are only given in paper and not e-delivered, our purchasing people ordered the e-delivery SKU (L-UNITYCN7-100USR=) expecting the same features than the paper SKU. That generated the associated PAKs but with only 2 ports instead of the 24 ports of the e-paper licence.

As there is no much info about e-delivery SKUs for Unity Connection in the ordering guide, I will open a case with licensing to see what they think.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Carles

Yep I bet the issue happened because for a new customer the first order should be placed using the UNITY Paper SKU which would have result in 24 ports, then you could have used L SKU for add on. In this case since the L SKU were used to start with, Cisco assumed you had the 24 ports to begin with and unfortunately Cisco charges for ports with version 7

If you cannot get it from licensing, here is an easy fix. Upgrade to Uconn 8(assuming you have UCSS) and then put in an order for as many ports as you need using L-UNITYCN8-LIC-UPG and it will cost you nothing since in version 8 ports aren’t counted anymore. That solves your issue.

If not then your only option might be to pay for ports with version 7 or you get lucky and licensing cuts you the keys. The concern I have is if you look at the cost of the paper 100 licenses and E delivery, the E delivery is cheaper probably because Cisco is burying the cost of the 24 ports in it. when you order UnityCN7 for the first time you can see there is a bundle license. you only get that with the first order using the paper SKU.

Thanks

Srini

j-carles
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am still working with Licensing and Partner Support trying to get a solution or, at least, a conclusion.

I will post the news as soon as I get anything remarkable.

Regards and thanks for your help, Srini.

Carles

Hi Carles,

Did you get a resolution to this?

Regards

Matt

Hi Matthew,

Not yet. After spending some days jumping from support to support group (Partner, PDI, Licensing), I have been redirected to Customer Support. Partner Support suggested me to purchase a paper license and do an RMA to get the credit for the electronic license.

Hope I finish with this nightmare soon ... but I expect some problems before (it's a quite old order, with special discounts and I'll have to wait for the paper license).

But for sure, I'd like to see a description change for that part numer showing the EXACT number of ports you can expect. And, of course, some info about that SKU (the eDelivery one) in the Orderig Guides could make our lives, at least, happier. Is somebody in the BU reading this?

Regards,

Carles

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: