The last couple of Unity Connection releases have lacked some basic and much needed improvements, in my mind. Please consider the following:
1. Allow Port Status Monitor IP address wildcards. With DHCP the default workstation method, administrators have to modify this parameter every time they want to use Port Status Monitor. If you can't do that, please make it so that the IP address updates automatically. In 8.6.2 we have to wait 3-5 minutes for the IP address to be recognized.
2. Fix the admin web pages so that you can sort all columns. This is on many pages.
3. Allow copying of call handlers in particular, as well as COS. Often there are only one or two fields different between objects.
4. Allow LDAP import to search by extension number. If LDAP is populated with the extension, for new office turn-ups in particular, it would be nice to import all LDAP users with extensions beginning with X.
5. Drop there requirement for QuickTime from Web Inbox, not all my customers are happy to have to support this, allow multiple players.
6. Update the Java script for Cisco PCA so that it does not require you to have a particularly OLD version.
7. Allow dependency searches on the Opening Greeting and other default objects. Currently they are greyed out. The default objects are often the ones I most care to know where they are used to correct loops/poor routing.
8. Allow public distribution lists to be updated/synched directly from LDAP. Customers don't want to have to maintain in two different locations.
9. Allow distribution list to be owners of Call Handlers for ease of using Greetings Administrator.
10. Allow dependency search on System Distribution Lists
11. Change the wording on the voicemail TUI credential policy to say "Change PIN" or "Change Voicemail PIN". "Password" is indicative of an alphanumeric password, like what you use for CiscoPCA. It is confusing and not in line with the Communications Manager credential policies.
12. Allow the addition of new roles or modification of system default roles, with the exception of the "System Administrator" role, of course.
13. When adding a new user to Connection, default the user template selection to <none> or <select one> instead of automatically selecting the first template in the list. This causes mailboxes to inadvertently be added to incorrect distribution lists and schedules, at a minimum.
Yes Stephanie, we are analyzing your requests.
Can you reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can talk more about these?
These are mostly the same requests that you and I discussed last year, if you recall. However, I am happy to speak personally again. I have a call from 1-2 and again from 3-4 today. Do you have any time around that or do you prefer later this week?
14. Dispatch messaging has the potential to address several tricky mailbox issues in many of my client sites, EXCEPT it is only exposed in the TUI. Please expand this feature to provide some sort of notification or method of accepting the message in the Single Inbox.
15. Modify the code so that when you create a new User Template, that the new user template is not automatically added to the same distribution lists as the original. For instance, if I create a new template for the site Chicago and I base it off a site LA and the LA User Template is an object within the LA User Distribution List, now the Chicago Template is also added to the LA User Distribution List. I have to go back to all the DLs now and ensure that the newly created template is not in the wrong DLs. The whole DL membership function is a bit odd and I think needs review.