cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection greetings "Invalid media stream" error

mcreilly
Level 1
Level 1
I'm playing (in a lab setup) with Unity Connection 8.5.1.10000-206, and I appear to be running into bug CSCti46125. Symptoms are that using the Media Master applet in the web interface, I can upload a WAV file to use as a greeting in a call handler, it plays back through my computer speakers OK, but if I try to play back on a handset (8961) I get the "invalid media stream" error on the screen and the call out from Connection to the handset drops. If I dial the call handler it drops the call as soon as it should play the relevant prompt.
The bug toolkit says that this happens with a particular file format and that converting to an audio sample rate of 8KHz should resolve it, but I can't get it to work. I'm recording a prompt using the text to speech facility on my mac, e.g. :

say -o prompt1.wave --data-format=I8@8000 "This is only a test prompt"

then opening the file in Windows Sound Recorder and saving it out as CCITT uLaw 8KHz 8-bit mono (I'm sure there must be a simple way to do that on the mac too, but I'm new to macs and I've used Sound Recorder for Unity prompt recordings for years).

Suggestions where I might be going wrong would be appreciated!

3 Replies 3

dianareyes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi McReilly,

Did you ever find the fix for this issue?

I am coming across the same issue and tried various audio formats, however nothing has worked.  - Running Cisco Unity 8.6.2

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Unfortunately not - I spent some time on it without finding a resolution, it wasn't a production environment problem so I didn't bother logging a TAC case to enlist Cisco help on it.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!

Unfortunately, I didn't find a resolution either however I did find a workaround.  I ended up using the Recordings > Record  > By phone method and had the client record the greeting from there.

Odd thing was the file was the exact format I was trying to upload.  

Thanks again!

-Diana