cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Import Users After COBRAS Import

joshuamarsh
Level 1
Level 1

I used COBRAS to import my users from Unity 4.x to Unity Connection 7.x.  The import was successful, however, all the users remain in the Unity Connection web GUI import, and I am unable to synch those users up between the existing accounts which were imported w/ COBRAS.  Is there anyway to clean up or synch those accounts so that when the admin runs a user import from the GUI, they only see new users?

Thanks!

Joshua

16 Replies 16

The bulk edit tool in 7.x doesn't include COS because of the licensing limit implications that can arise from bulk changing assignments - lots of overhead involved with that.

The COS section in the SA has logic for that setup - if you go into the Class of Service Membership section (under Class of Service in the SA) you do have the ability to select users in one COS (filtered by alias, name, extension if you like) and move them all to another COS of your choosing.  Not quite the same thing as bulk edit but pretty close.  This admin interface accounts for potential licensing no-no that would result from a bulk move from one COS (say without a licensed feature) to a new cos (with a licensed feature) or the like.

lindborg, thanks for all of your help! For anyone using COBRAS, the  videos provide a great way to get started.

My import happened over the weekend and everything went really well. We are now working on CUC 7.1. Here is a gotya that was very frustrating. When I changed my default voicemail profile in call manager (version 7) to point to the UC servers, I had to reset all of my call manager gateways. All inbound calls for all sites were ringing to busy signals. I  went into each gateway individually and reset them and it worked everytime (bulk reset did not seem to work??????).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: