Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection IVR - redirect calls to phones depending on the hours

Mateusz Paczek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I need to implement small IVR in Unity Connection, but I dont know how to handle one thing.

Lets say that I have SCH which plays "Hello in XYZ company, if you want to talk to support group press one, if you want to talk to sales press 2 etc.

And now if I press "1" I would like to call one extension from 8am till 13pm, and the other extension from 13pm till 20pm. How this kind of thing can be implemented?

I'll be gratefull for any directions.

Regards

Mat

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

setup a new schedule in UCXN that defines the 8-13 hours

build 2 call handlers for option 1, one with this above schedule, configure call transfer to go to greeting, make the standard greeting silent and configure it to transfer to extension1 after greeting.

Then setup the closed greeting on handler 1 to point to second call handler which uses all hours schedule and transfers the call to extension 2.

HTH, Powodzenia!!!

Chris

View solution in original post

Another option would be to setup time of day routing in CUCM.

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

I think i managed to implement it.

Maybe it will be useful for others so here is how I did that:

SCH_MAIN_IVR (no schedules)

(caller input 1 -> SCH-SALES-7-13 (with schedules from 7am-1pm)

SCH-SALES-7-13 -> transfer rules standard -> Xfer to first extension

-> transfer rules closed    -> Xfer calls to greetings

-> greetings closed -> Callers hear -> Personal Recording (recorded silence)

-> After greeting -> CallHandler -> SALES-13-23 -> Attempt transfer

SCH-SALES-13-23 -> transfer rules standard -> Xfer to second extension

-> transfer rules closed   -> Xfer call to greetings

-> greetings closed -> Callers Hear -> Personal Recording ("Opening hours are...")

-> After greeting -> whatever (hangup, restart greeting, etc.)

The same logic with other option.

Thanks for your help and pointing me to the right direction

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

setup a new schedule in UCXN that defines the 8-13 hours

build 2 call handlers for option 1, one with this above schedule, configure call transfer to go to greeting, make the standard greeting silent and configure it to transfer to extension1 after greeting.

Then setup the closed greeting on handler 1 to point to second call handler which uses all hours schedule and transfers the call to extension 2.

HTH, Powodzenia!!!

Chris

Thanks for response and directions.

Unfortunately it seems to be a little more complicated:

Main IVR (press 1 for sales, press 2 for support, press three for IT_dep).

If user choose 1 I should transfer call to 1 extension from 7am-13pm, transfer to second extension from 13pm - 20pm, and play message that |Sales dept is not available" from 20pm till 7am. The same with 2 (support) but with slightly different time slots - not 7am-13pm but e.g 8am-14pm. I hope you got the idea.

Is Your approach ok with that kind of setup?

Or should I consider any other method ?

Regards

/Matt

Well, you then basically just create more nested schedule checks, i.e:

• call handler 1 with schedule 1 (7-13)
    • user presses 1  - call handler 2 with schedule 2 (13-20)    
      • closed greeting plays the after hours message and transfer to mailbox, etc or whatever it needs to do
      • user presses 2 - same logic as above just points to call handler 3, etc

HTH,

Chris

I think i managed to implement it.

Maybe it will be useful for others so here is how I did that:

SCH_MAIN_IVR (no schedules)

(caller input 1 -> SCH-SALES-7-13 (with schedules from 7am-1pm)

SCH-SALES-7-13 -> transfer rules standard -> Xfer to first extension

-> transfer rules closed    -> Xfer calls to greetings

-> greetings closed -> Callers hear -> Personal Recording (recorded silence)

-> After greeting -> CallHandler -> SALES-13-23 -> Attempt transfer

SCH-SALES-13-23 -> transfer rules standard -> Xfer to second extension

-> transfer rules closed   -> Xfer call to greetings

-> greetings closed -> Callers Hear -> Personal Recording ("Opening hours are...")

-> After greeting -> whatever (hangup, restart greeting, etc.)

The same logic with other option.

Thanks for your help and pointing me to the right direction

Another option would be to setup time of day routing in CUCM.

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Rob Huffman
    Hall of Fame
    Hall of Fame

Hi Mat,

Thanks for posting back with your results +5 for

this type of very helpful follow-up!

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
    Wait for me" - Springsteen