cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Learning Extension for sign-in

stevegustafson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a scenario where the client wants everyone to have to enter their ID followed by their PIN to log in to their voicemail box.  This has been working great for the last 4 months.  Suddenly we are getting calls where users are only asked for their PIN to log into their voicemail box.  This is not how it should be working.  The configured setup under advanced > conversation is

NameValue
Sign-in Count for a Number Before It Is Offered as an Alternate Extension60
Consecutive Days to Count Sign-in for a Number7

We have configured the maximum number for sign-in count, and the minimum days to count for.

Also our direct routing rule for opening greeting conversation is set to Sign-In.  Not Attempt Sign-In which would recognize the callers extension.

I also ran a report on the two users so far that have reported this issue, and they have not logged into the system any where near 60 times in the last 7 days.

CUC ver. 8.6.2.22028-30

Does anyone have an idea on why certain users are suddenly able to bypass entering their ID?

Thanks,

Steve

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steve,

That does seem odd. I would leverage this COS setting that would at least eliminate

the possibility of "User added" Alternate extensions as a first step

This functionality is available to users who  belong to a class of service with the Allow Users to Manage Their  User-Defined Alternate Extensions option enabled. (set this to disabled)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag130.html#wp1106207

Then keep an eye to see if any more of these creep up. I had a long look for related bugs

and didn't come up with any.

Cheers!

Rob

"Why not help one another on the way" - Bob Marley

Thanks, Rob.  We already had that setting in COS unchecked which disables them to modifying their own alternate extensions.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steve,

My understanding of that setting, is that, if set @ disabled, it would render

the other two parameters that you referenced in the original post as being

unused. So that it wouldn't matter what the user did in terms of "sign-in count"

or "consecutive days", they would never be able to add the learned alternate extension.

Cheers!

Rob

"Why not help one another on the way" - Bob Marley

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: