cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection License Rehost

Network Admin
Level 1
Level 1

Our Unity Connection Server was uninstalled , removed from ESXi and then installed again last week. After installation I have synchronized the new Unity Connection with the same old product instance of Unity Connection in ELM ( as new unity connection user/password is same as old). However the License MAC must have changed. Do I have to re-host the license in this case ?

NOTE : Our ELM is along with CUCM. Only Unity Connection Server is Removed and re-installed. But Unity Connection not removed from ELM product instances and its successfully sync with same old credentials.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

there is no concept of License MAC in ELM/PLM.

Are u getting any error messsage/voilation related to licensing in ELM?

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

what I suppose licnese needs to be rehosted when u have changed the ELM from one to another ? In your case,It is still on CUCM.

In that case, license does not need to be rehosted.

regds,

aman

Thanks Aman Soi ,

But as the MAC of Unity Connection is changed , will not that result in a mac-mismatch with the License in ELM ?

Hi,

there is no concept of License MAC in ELM/PLM.

Are u getting any error messsage/voilation related to licensing in ELM?

regds,

aman

Aman Soi

No , am not getting any kind of error message. The new Unity connection is successfully synchronizing with old ELM and old unity credentials in ELM.

THAT MEANS EVERYTHING IS FINE ?

The reason why I want to verify if I have to rehost or not , because I have purchased some Basic to Enhanced Upgrade License. So before installing the new License I want to confirm if I have to rehost old license.

Hi,

If there is no error message,it is FINE.

Secondly,u have mentioned about upgrade licenses from Basic to Enhanced.But that would be for the Call Manager.I suppose u would be having two product instance : one for CUCM and one for UCXN.

or  have you purchased some Add on licenses for Users.

regds,

aman

Aman Soi 

I have purchased some add on license for 4 x UNITYCN9-STD-USR and also purchased  around 30 Basic UCL to 30 Enhanced UCL upgrade license.

Also to note , I have two product instances in same ELM ,  --- CUCM and UNITY CNX

this means that four user unity connection licneses would get associated with Product instance of UCXN and 30 upgrade user licenses for CUCM Product Instance  under ELM.

You can generate these licenses on your own or send mail to licensing@cisco.com

regds,

aman

Aman Soi     

Thanks a lot for supporting ...!!  But just one more thing to clarify from you ..

Now as everything seems fine , I should directly go to ELM >> Licenses > Generate License request  . Am I right ?

I do not have to go for any other additional option right ?

you are correct.

you need to generate separately for Unity and call manager.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: