Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Locale Upgrade

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I have a Unity Connection 11.0 cluster running ten different locales.

I need to upgrade this cluster to version 11.5 and have a query about how to upgrade locale files.

The install guide contains the following statement about locales.

After the upgrade, you may need to reinstall the locale depending on the source and the target version. If the target version is compatible with the existing locales, then you need not install any new locales. However, if the target version requires to install new locales, then first verify the existing locales using the CLI show cuc locale, remove the existing set of locales after the completion of upgrade process, and install the new set available locales. If there is no set of available locales with the target version, then simply install the new set of locales.

Given that there are specific locale releases for 11.5 I feel that I should upgrade them but, if I uninstall an existing 11.0 locale I receive a warning message saying that users, call handlers etc. that use the locale will be effected.

Is it ok to remove the 11.0 locale and then install the 11.5 version or will this cause problems?

This procedure does not seem to be well documented.

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Users, call handlers, etc. that use the locales will be affected between the time you uninstall the old and install the new. Really no way around this. Assuming you will be performing the upgrade during a maintenance window, downtime will be expected.

Brandon

Thanks for the response Brandon,

i will be doing this during a maintenance window.

My uncertaintanty is whether the users, call handlers etc. will retain their language settings during the process. e.g. if I have a mailbox that is set to use German will this setting be retained or will it get set to say US English when the german 11.0 locale is uninstalled and require me to edit the users profile to set it back to German after the german 11.5 locale is installed.

It would be far better if installing a later version of the locale replaced earlier ones.

I haven't tested this, but I would guess the locale setting will be kept. Here's one way to test. Install a new locale you are not using, assign to a call handler, delete the locale and check the call handler locale.

Brandon

Did you find an answer to the upgrade for additional languages.  I have the same issue and worried about deleting the locale and losing all the mapping’s. 

Someone did found the answer how to upgrade the locale?

From Cisco Doc, I need to upgrade locale.

i'm upgraded from unity 11.5.1.12900 To 11.5.1.15900.

The locales: From 11.5.0.1-1000 To 11.5.0.1-5000

When I try to delete the locale:

admin:delete cuc locale he-IL
After uninstalling locale, all locale mappings will be lost by default.
Do you want to retain locale mappings ?
Enter (yes/no)? yes

Warning, locale is the default language for location: ipt-cuc-test
Warning, locale is the default TTS language for location: ipt-cuc-test
Warning, locale in use by system call handler Opening Greeting
Warning, locale in use by system call handler Operator
Warning, locale in use by system call handler Goodbye
Warning, locale in use by system call handler asaf_Test
Warning, locale in use by system call handler Test - Call Handler
Warning, locale in use by system call handler MeetMeIn-2
Warning, locale in use by directory handler System Directory Handler
Warning, locale in use by routing rule: Opening Greeting
Warning, locale in use by routing rule: Attempt Sign In
Warning, locale in use by routing rule: Attempt Forward
Warning, locale in use by user: admin (admin)
Warning, locale in use by user: UnityConnection (Cisco Unity Connection Messaging System(
Warning, locale in use by user: undeliverablemessagesmailbox (Undeliverable Messages(
Warning, locale in use by user: operator (Operator)
Warning, locale in use by user: Replication (Replication Agent (ipt-cuc-test(
Warning, locale in use by user: 62600 (Goldberg, Asaf)
Warning, locale in use by user template: administratortemplate (Administrator Template(
Warning, locale in use by user template: voicemailusertemplate (Voice Mail User Template)

Are you sure you want to continue? (y/n) :

it looks like that it will cause some impact, if i got 400+ VM it will be very difficult to restore that

Hi there ,

Could u pls confirm what should be done with the locales should the existing be uninstalled first ... And does it retain the existing locale configuration ?

You do not need to uninstall old locales, simple install new locales after you upgrade your CUC version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: