cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection not passing CallerID to CUCM over SIP Trunk

Michael Mertens
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to get CallerID working for Unity Connection Device Notification (and it seems everything else), however, when I run UC Remote Port Status Monitor and the Call-Out goes to CUCM for the Device Notification, no caller ID is presented to the CUCM SIP trunk.

06:06:02, New Call, CalledId=,  RedirectingId=,  Origin=16,  Reason=1024,  CallGuid=, 
CallerName=,  LastRedirectingId=,  LastRedirectingReason=1024,  PortDisplayName=LFC_CUCM-1-134,
[Origin=Unknown],[Reason=Unknown]
06:06:02,
Dialing '99254753'

06:06:32, Idle
06:06:33, Idle

Therefore, the out-going call to the PRI PSTN is:

10:59:01.005: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x5B03

Sending Complete
        Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2
                Standard = CCITT
                Transfer Capability = Speech
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
        Channel ID i = 0xA98397
                Exclusive, Channel 23
        Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, N/A
                Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown
        Called Party Number i = 0xC1, '9254753'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:Subscriber(local)
*Dec  6 10:59:01.513: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: RX <- CALL_PR

I've looked through my SIP trunk on the CUCM side and for Inbound Calls, Connected Line ID and Presentation Name are set to "allowed" or "default" doesn't make a difference. RTMT Port Status also shows no "caller", so I'm thinking there is some way to set or allow the calling number on the Unity Connection (8.5) side.

Oddly enough, I also noticed that in Unity Connection> Telephony Integrations > Port Group, if I change the Contact Line Name from nothing to "Unity" (or whatever), the Q931 debug outbound doesn't show ANY "Calling Party Numer - = XXXXX" and the carrier throws out the BTN as the ANI.

10:46:00.837: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x5AFF

Sending Complete
        Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2
                Standard = CCITT
                Transfer Capability = Speech
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
        Channel ID i = 0xA98397
                Exclusive, Channel 23
        Called Party Number i = 0xC1, '9254753'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:Subscriber(local)

Any ideas on where/how CallerID comes from, on Unity Connection with a SIP integration?

THANKS!!

Mike.

2 Replies 2

Gear Misner
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find a solution to this one?

I did not- my work around has been to put in a name for Contact Line Name under Port Group Basics Switch configuration in Unity Connection- this for some reason keeps CUCM from sending ANI TYPE/PLAN information in the Q931 message, and my carrier then sends a default ANI of the circuit's BTN. When I have time, I'll open up a TAC ticket.

Mike.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: