Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection not transfering to Call Manager

carmelo.cruz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a setup where:

Call Manager receive calls on hunt pilot 700 -> if none of the extensions in hunt pilot 700 answers, the call is transfer to extension 899 that is a CTI Route Point

Unity takes the call using System Call Handler with extension 700 -> The greeting plays as expected and the user inputs works.

The problem is that when the user inputs an extension that exist in Unity, the call is not transfer and it just plays the extension's voicemail. If the extension doesnt exist in Unity, the user receives a message saying that "You cannot be transferred to this number, check the number and try again"

I have the greetings to "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers"

I am including some screenshots of the configuration.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

How is the CTP RP involved in the issues you are describing?

Reading  your description I see call goes to hunt group and then redirected to CUC, where users enter specific extension of a phone and then it does not route?

Is CUC integrated as SIP or SCCP?

Does the CSS on the SIP trunk or voicemail ports (SCCP) include the partition of the phone you are attempting to reach?

View solution in original post

Does the CSS assigned to the CUC SIP trunk has access to phone DNs?

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

why is your 899 RP not in a partition?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I have tried several combinations with partitions and css. All of them takes me to the same place.

To test your comment, I added extension 899 to partition "PCP_Base_PT" so taht the RP shows with a partition. After this, I verified and still the same symptoms, no transfers to extensions or hunt pilots from Unity to Call Manager.

See attachment

How is the CTP RP involved in the issues you are describing?

Reading  your description I see call goes to hunt group and then redirected to CUC, where users enter specific extension of a phone and then it does not route?

Is CUC integrated as SIP or SCCP?

Does the CSS on the SIP trunk or voicemail ports (SCCP) include the partition of the phone you are attempting to reach?

You are right Chris.

The call goes to hunt group 700 --> after 25 seconds it goes to directory number 899 --> directory number 899 is assigned to CTI route point 899_AA.

Directory number 899 has a "Forward All" to voicemail.

CUC does answer the calls and users are able to input specific extensions, but CUC does not route the calls back to the extensions.

So, CUC is integrated via CTI RP for the auto attendant.

There is also a SIP integration with CUC for voicemail with its corresponding route pattern.

Does the CSS assigned to the CUC SIP trunk has access to phone DNs?

Ok

Finally found the problem.

I was missing the CSS under SIP Information in the CUC SIP Trunk.

See attached image.

Thanks to everyone that helped me with this!!!!

This was very helpful! Thanks!

Just for testing, stick the phones and CTI ports and CTI RP in the same partition and assign the same CSS, this way, you leave that out of the equation as an issue.

Please rate if useful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks Dennis and Chris.

I am going to implement a few changes based on your comments, and will get back with some results.