cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Notification Device

Josh K.
Level 1
Level 1

I have department voicemail profiles that I have set up to call a UCCX queue when a new voicemail has been left in the mailbox. When the voicemail profile calls the queue, the call only stays in queue for 33 seconds before hanging up and retrying. During busy times in our queues, calls are not handled within 33 seconds, so a lot of these voicemail calls are being logged as "Abandons" in our CCX stats.

Can anyone tell me where I can get this time extended?

In the notification device, I have configured the following: 

NOTIFICATION DEVICE

Delay Before 1st notification attempt: 1 minute

Repeat if still new messages: enabled

Notification Repeat Interval: 2 minutes

On Notification Failure: Do Nothing

PHONE SETTINGS

Phone number/URI: (queue trigger number)

Extra Digits: (null)

Duration to wait before dialing extra digits: 1 sec

Rings to Wait: 100

Busy Retry Limit: 100

Busy Retry Interval: 5

RNA Retry Limit: 100

RNA Retry Interval: 15

Thanks,

Josh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Josh, does it have to be a voice notification via UCCX?  There are other options that you can setup that will provide notification to end users, such as email.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Try changing the notification to go to your desk phone or cell phone.  Leave a test message.  When that message comes through you'll get the notification on your test phone.  Once you answer, time the recording and see how long it lasts before it hangs up.  Is it 33 seconds?  My assumption is yes (though I have not been able to test it yet).  When your IVR answers, Unity will see it as an answered call and play the notification.  So I do not believe that it is only waiting in queue for 33 seconds, it is the length of the recording.

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for the help. You were right, the message Unity plays is about 33 seconds long. So when the call hits the IVR, the VM port sees it as answered, plays the Notification message right away and when no one is there to press 1 to accept the Notification after 2 attempts, it hangs up.

Has anyone set up their Unity Connection voicemail box to call a UCCX Queue to notify callers of voicemails? Were you able to get around this caveat I am experiencing?  Or is anyone aware of a way to extend the Notification attempt message? It plays out twice before hanging up. I could not find any settings in Unity Cxn, but I may have glanced over it.

Thanks.

Josh, does it have to be a voice notification via UCCX?  There are other options that you can setup that will provide notification to end users, such as email.

The original request of the department head was to have the voicemail profile call the queue. I may need to provide different options to them though, if this isn't going to work.

I have tried sending the Notification Call into the most basic of queue scripts (Start, Accept, Select Resource>Queued and Delay steps), and it still gives me the same 33 second time out result.. My hope was that an actual step in the CCX Script was causing the call pick up, but it seems as though your original comment of it picking up when it gets answered by the IVR script.

Thank you for your help.

Josh, I will apologize in advance as I have not been in UCCX for a few years and currently do not have access to a version to work up a script for you.  With that said though, have you considered creating a Call Back script?  This would be a basic script that CUC calls in to and leaves a recorded message (i.e. the notification).  That message then gets put in to queue (as a .wav file) to be answered by next available agent.  When that agent gets the call they will hear the recording from CUC that there is a new message.

Conversely you can always have CUC send the actual voicemail message to a group of users as an attached .wav file.  Just food for thought.  Always good to have options!

That just might work. I'll have to gnaw on that tasty nugget a bit and see how I can get the Notification and Script to work together, but the concept sounds feasible. 

Thanks for thinking outside the box.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: