cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection policy trigger time?

techguy73
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know, upon enabling the aging policy, how soon after enabling does it kicks in? Wonder if there is a timer it cycles through in a 24 hr period?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

I tested this the other day and it appeared that the timer starts from the time that you save the change.  For example, if you changed the aging policy from 14 days to 2 days, the messages would be deleted after 48 hours.

Thanks clileikis, +5 for you.

Actually it's not 100% correct, In fact Unity Connection looks at the day, hence trigger occurs at 12:00am when the date changes. Therefore it doesn't count from the time the policy change is made/saved. These results I've found out from the test. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

TG

Interesting, thanks for the clarification!  I played around with it some more, I tested disabling message aging entirely (not having messages go to the deleted items folder) and that one took effect right away, any new messages that were deleted were purged immediately.  However, if there were pre-existing messages in the deleted items folder, those didn't get removed and seemed to be using the ;pre-existing policy.  +5 for you as well!

Thanks, good exploration. Hope it'll help others as well trying to understand.

cheers!