Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Port Monitoring

Hello, I have a Unity Connection Server 12.0 Integrated with CUCM via SIP trunk rather than SCCP.  It works fine, but I find that I cannot troubleshoot using the port monitor tool in RTMT.  There are no ports to monitor.

I'm looking for the best way to monitor call flow in this situation.  I would like to know what Call Handler is taking a call in a given situation, something that is easily done when the port monitor tool is available.

Anyone know the best solution for this?

Thanks,

Brian

7 Replies 7

Bal_S
Level 1
Level 1

RTMT Port Monitor works for CUC 12.0. What exact version you are running? We have 12.0.1.21900-10  and have no issues

Is your Unity Connection integrated with SIP as opposed to SCCP?

12.0.1.21900-7

Yes, its SIP

Nice!  So when you select port monitor, do you see ports available?  I do not.  I never have seen that on SIP integrated Unity, but only SCCP integrations. 

I have used this on multiple sip integrated systems from 8.6 to 12.x. I would check your exact version uninstall reinstall try running as an admin if you need to but if you still have problems I would open a TAC case because this should just work.

What is the error you see when you try port monitoring? It must be a bug with a version 12.0(1) you are running. May be upgrade to 12.0(1)SU1 and it should work.

Hi all, thanks for the advice.  It turns out that it does work, but the ports don't populate until the first call is received.  Because I didn't see any ports to monitor, I didn't even try to place a call.  Serious case of tunnel vision on my part.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: