cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection relay messaging.

jszapipes
Level 1
Level 1

I am part of a NOC and we have a number our customers call after-hours in case of an emergency. I have set up notification devices to be alerted whenever a message is left in the NOC voice inbox including a link to PCA where we can log in and listen to the message.

I really want the voice message ( a .wav file) attached to the message so that we can bypass the PCA login process.

Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi there,

You can only specify one SMTP address in the message actions field, you could create an email distribution list that contains all of the NOC members and set up that as your SMTP address.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

You could configure message actions (assuming Unity Connection 8.X or later) to accept and relay the message to a SMTP address which will include a .wav copy of the voicemail:

Accept and Relay the Message—Connection delivers the message to the user mailbox, and forwards a copy of the message to the address you specify in the Relay Address field. Note that any actions the user takes on the relayed copy are not reflected on the message in the Connection message store. If the user does not regularly manage new messages in the Connection message store, the user mailbox may quickly exceed the mailbox quota because new messages are not subject to message-aging policies.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmac040.html#wp1330471

HTH,

Chris

Chris, thanks for the response. I already have this configured, but my issue is that I need it to accept and relay to more than one person. I need it to forward the .wav to all NOC members.

Hi there,

You can only specify one SMTP address in the message actions field, you could create an email distribution list that contains all of the NOC members and set up that as your SMTP address.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris. The distribution list was specified as the Relay Address, however the account was set to accept mail from authenticated users only. We corrected that and now all is good. Thanks for the direction.

Great, glad it's working and thanks for the rating!

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App