cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Restriction Tables question.

Mateusz Paczek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I would like to know how Restriction Tables are processed in UC. I've read about it but I dont know which tables are processed during calls.

I'm doing some tests and I configured user with a transfer rule to an external extension. When I call to this user directly I hear user's greeting. If I try to call this user via directory it transfer my call to an external number. Its normal behaviuor due to Cisco docs "

Call transfer rules control how Cisco Unity  Connection handles incoming indirect calls, which are from callers who  do not dial you directly (for example, callers who use the directory to  reach you). For direct calls—when outside callers or other users dial  your personal phone number to reach you—your Connection transfer  settings do not apply."

So how can I restrict transfer incoming indirect calls to external number? Which restricted table is processed in that case?

I assign this user COS with Restriction Table that blocks all external numbers. Is it Default Transfer by default or sth else ?

If I create new Restriction Table where should I assign it to prevent from such situations?

Thanks in advance for any direction.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Restriction tables are applied only at the point at which a transfer number (or fax number or message delivery number) is changed. So the person making the change has the restriction tables that are assigned to their COS applied at the time they make the change. This applies to changing the values either via the phone or gui/web interfaces.

The idea here is that, say, a user can be assigned to very limited restriction tables that allow them access to only local numbers for instance – but an administrator (or a help desk person) can change their delivery or transfer number on their behalf to something more broad. Many companies use a type of help desk approach for setting items like transfer strings, so applying the restriction tables of the user each time someone calls them would make that impossible.

Hi.

Thanks for answering.

So why I am able to transfer call to external number if a user has trasfer rule implemented and I access this user through directory? User is assigned COS with Restriction Table that blocks 0?* (0 is my prefix to dial outside).