Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection send message and abbreviated dialing

Hatem_Hamdi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a centralized deplyement with CUCM and Unity connection 8.5. My IP hones on the branchs have numbers in the following format 5[3 digits branch code]XXXX but when dialing within the same branch they don't have to dial the whole number they only compose the 4 last digits. I achieved so by using translation patterns. When I use Unity connection to send voice mail messages I would like to be able to use the abbreviated number as well which i was not able to do because the system recognizes subscribers using the whole number only.

Is there any way to do so?

Best Regards,

Hatem Hamdi,

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can do the same thing in UCON by using CSS/Partitions and assigning the 4 digit numbers as alternate extensions in site specific partition.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Do I have to create CSS and partitions on UCON side because I have tried to create aternate extension without creating CSS and partitions and it did not work.

Regards,

Hatem

Yes, otherwise you'll create overlaps.  Assume 2 sites, A and B:

For site A build CSS called siteA-CSS that includes siteA-PT partition and global default partition

Assign this CSS to all phones at siteA

Define alternate extension as 4 digit DN in siteA-PT partition.

This way you will be able to address users via 4 digits within the same site and 8 digit everyone else.

I have done this on few systems and works great.

Chris