cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection - Single Inbox and Intelligent Notifications

Michael Meyer
Level 1
Level 1

OK, so there is the new HTML intelligent notifications, looks good. It makes the messages look much nicer than a simple attachement, and looks liek some additional information can be added. Soooo.....

How does one use this feature with Single Inbox?

Or is this simply not supported?           

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

They are positioned as an alternative to Single Inbox, not in addition to it. This is mostly for customers who don't have MS Exchange. Some customers with Exchange may still wish to use notifications to avoid WAV files from being included in their Exchange backup and/or retention policies (i.e. eDiscovery compliance).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

We want the WAV files in exchange, this is the easiest way for mobile devices to get VM remote without need of a VPN.

So this begs the question, how on earth do you make Single Inbox message look better. It is very plain with an empty message body, simple subject and an attachment.

I liked the appearance of teh HTML notifications, much more professional looking.

For that, Cisco assumes you are using their ViewMail for Outlook plugin. It adds media controls and the ability to play the message via their phone instead of the computer speakers. Even with VMO, I agree that there is room for improvement here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/vmo/quick_start/guide/85xcucqsgvmo.html

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Is Viewmail for Outlook plugin available for mobile OS (iOS or Android) environments?

If not, I am curious what options do Cisco users have to get around the following issue in the Single Inbox context?

Cisco Bug: CSCuv40959 - Message forwarded from UC wraps the "VoiceMessage.wav" in envelope

With the .wav file getting enveloped in an .eml file (by O365), users are not able to open and play the VM anymore, on mobile phones.

Use of HTML Notification method is an option to get around the empty body issue, but then users have to give up the Single Inbox feature.

Thanks,

Baktha

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: