cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Smart Host

Joel Petralia
Level 1
Level 1

We have two customers in the same building and they would like to share the same unity connection server. My question is can you have two smart host configured in unity connection to relay messages to two different exchange servers? In this case each customer having their own exchange server.

5 Replies 5

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As I saw in my lab CUC 8.6, it allowed me to add only one SMTP Smart Host.

GP.

Joel Petralia
Level 1
Level 1

Thats what I thought but wasnt sure. Trying to figure out the best way for two company's to share the same callmanager and unity connection. Thank you for the reply.

AFAIK, you can add different organization users to same CUC under different domains but as the SMTP smart host can not be more than one, the SMTP notification would be a limited to work only for one domain.

If you dont hear from CUC experts here on the forum, please reach out to Cisco PDI Helpdesk ( a free service provided to certified Cisco Partners, open a case ) so that the design can be validated from Cisco Business Unit ( BU ).

HTH

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Thank you for the info and the reply. Would you know where I can get any info on how to configure a TIE LINE between the callmanager and a NEC1000/2400 PBX?

Off-topic question though but I've the info ready with me

Such integration procedures ( i.e. Cisco with 3rd Party ) are documented at Cisco Interoperability Portal . If you do not find your 3rd party PBX integration listed there, that means Cisco has not tested the integration yet. If it's business critical requirement for your org/customer, please reach out to Cisco CAM ( channel account management ) team locally in your country & they will cascade you with the Cisco Interop team ( responsible for such testing ) who will conduct the testing for you.

Good Luck !!

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!