cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection SMTP Notification Changes - Need Help

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

We upgraded our Unity Connection from 2.X to 8.6.2 recently and we saw change in Email/SMTP notification, in CNXN 2.X when a user recieves Email Notification it used to list/send all "Unread" messages, for example if I have 2 unread messages already and if I get a new VM on my mailbox when I receive notification email I use to get information for all three "Unread" messages now I get only one for each VM and that is it.  Is this changed in  Unity Connection 7.x or 8.x or am I missing anything on the settings? Thanks for your help in advance. 

5 Replies 5

Ron, Thanks for your response. Users get email notification without any issues but they use to get information about all the unread messages every time when they receive a new voicemail but now they receive info only about the new VM not other unread messages. I don't see we are missing any settings on this page unless you point me out. Thanks for your help .

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi bala,

Do you have "All Messages" set?

Step 10   In the Notify Me Of section, select the types of event that will cause Connection to send a notification to this device:
Option Description
All Messages

Connection sends a notification to this device when any new message is received, including dispatch and other voice messages, and fax messages.

All Voice Messages

Connection sends a notification to this device when any new voice message is received (including dispatch messages).

Dispatch Messages

Connection sends a notification to this device when any new voice message is received that is marked as a dispatch message.

Fax Messages

Connection sends a notification to this device when any new fax message is received.

Calendar Appointments

Connection sends a notification to this device for an upcoming Outlook appointment.

Calendar Meetings

Connection sends a notification to this device for an upcoming Cisco Unified MeetingPlace or Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express meeting.

Cheers!

Rob

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

Rob, I thought this setting is notify all messages like email , fax, vm, etc. let me check and get back to you.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Rob, Just an update that "All Messages" made no difference it is still sending individual message notification and not all Unread messages.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: