Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Subscriber dropping calls

Not applicable

Hi All,

I have a unity connection publisher (Ver 11.5.1.11900-26) which was installed few months back and the voice mail was integrated with CUCM using SCCP and the voicemail worked fine. But later we decided to add a subscriber (same version) and we successfully added it with replication working fine. To have the HA on the servers I created a new set of ports on the subscriber and they all register fine. When I wanted to test the HA and when the publisher is down the subscriber not taking calls. It answers the call but drops it immediately. This also happens when you try and dial the port that is registered on the subscriber but when I dial the port registered on Publisher it answers fine and play the prompts ,etc. This means the when the publisher is down there is no voicemail. I have checked licensing and the server can handle only 24 ports so I split the ports half on each server. I restarted the CTI service on CUCM and restarted the UNCX servers multiple times. I checked Telephony configurations and no problems detected. Done the port group test and no problems detected.

I can see under the cluster management and the port manager shows correct number of ports in service on each servers. Checked on RTMT and all ports are on service. Also the failover happens automatically so I believe there is no problem in the HA setup either. I decided to monitor the ports on the Unity subscriber server using port 5000 and this is what I get

CallData, 4, CallerId=9898, CalledId=8820, RedirectingId=, AltRedirectingId=, Origin=16, Reason=1, CallGuid=73AF5631817448ED99A276503C26A491, CallerName=Test Line, LastRedirectingId=, AltLastRedirectingId=, LastRedirectingReason=1024, PortDisplayName=PhoneSystem-1-020
Application, 4, 9898, PHTransfer
State, 4, 9898, State - PHTransfer.cde!LoadInfo
State, 4, 9898, Event is [TrueEvent]
Application, 4, 9898, PHGreeting
State, 4, 9898, State - PHGreeting.cde!PlayGreeting
Display, 4, 9898, Call answered if needed
State, 4, 9898, Playing Greeting: Standard
State, 4, 9898, Event is [HangupEvent]
State, 4, 9898, State - PHGreeting.cde!DoHangup
State, 4, 9898, Event is [HangupEvent]
Display, 4, 9898, Idle

This means it answers the call and tries to play the greeting but immediately hangs up. So I cant work out where where the issue is. Can someone shed some lights on this issue please.

Thanks

Adam

10 Replies 10

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In CUC admin > Telephony Integrations > Port is the checkbox for Answer Calls checked?

Brandon

Thanks Brandon. Yes, they all ticked to answer the calls.

Can you provide screen shots of one voicemail port configuration in CUCM (one for pub and one for sub), screen shot of the line group configuration and screen shots for port group(s) configuration in Unity?

Thanks Chris. I just got the issue sorted. Actually the problem was the missing GB locale on the Sub. I figured out from the port monitoring that it is ready to play the prompt and dropping so I thought the correct prompt is missing. When I checked the Pub we had the GB locale was set as the default language so I installed the GB locale on sub and its working fine now.

It helped during

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you add the new voicemail ports to the voicemail Line Group in CUCM or created a new Line group and added to the voicemail Hunt List?

Yes, all ports were added as part of the voicemail line group which was created earlier and did the reset of the hunt list as well

Not applicable

Thanks Chris and Brandon for the response. I just got the issue sorted. Actually the problem was the missing GB locale on the Sub. I figured out from the port monitoring that it is ready to play the prompt and dropping so I thought the correct prompt is missing. When I checked the Pub we had the GB locale was set as the default language so I installed the GB locale on sub and its working fine now.

Thanks a lot, this helped me during Sec CUC build

This solved my issue. Thank you so much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: