cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Temp Fail - Conversation Manager Crashing

shh5455
Level 3
Level 3

I'm using CUCM 8.0.2 and Unity Connection 7.1.3.  Whenever I call the voicemail pilot it answers fine and asks me to enter my PIN.  When I enter my PIN nothing else happens and after a few seconds I get a Temp Fail message on my phone.  I also see that at that point I stop receiving RTP packets on my phone (although I'm still sending).  It doesn't seem to be time related as I can back out to the CUC main menu and move around and it works fine.  It's just whenever I log into a mailbox I get this.  I have tried logging into other subscribers' mailboxes, but get the same thing.

Very basic setup.  Nothing unusual or fancy.

Any thoughts?

31 Replies 31

Just one VM per app (no subscriber).  It's for testing only.  Not sure if it matters but Unity 7.0 works like a champ with both CUCMs.  (It's not currently running though and they use different device names for the ports).

FWIW, I run CUCM and CUC 7.1(3b)SU2 in VMWare without issues. I also have Unity 5 and Unity 7 running without issue as well...along with other apps. It is possible you're seeing an 8x w/7x bug but I suspect you may be seeing issues due to the CUCM 8x load as well. I haven't loaded 8.0 yet but it's on my to-do list.

Sent from my iPhone

I thought that too and tried it with CUCM 7.1.5 and it does the same thing.  I was hoping CUC 8 would fix whatever it is, but I can't get that installed.  The installer crashes and kicks out an error about auto negotiation on the eth0.  I've tried hard coding it, but that also fails.  Boo.

VM support moving into 8x is quite different. Really, 7.1(5) is a bridge code between 7x and 8x which is something I typically avoid. It has things from 8x mashed in while also trying to tie up loose ends from 7.1(3). Give 7.1(3b)SU2 a shot on both apps. I suspect you'll have success as I have.  Only difference is I use VMWare server vs. ESX.

Sent from my iPhone

shh5455
Level 3
Level 3

I'm not a 7.1.5 fan either.  I may try CUCM 7.1.3 and see if that will work for me.  Thanks for your help on this thread.

No problem...stick with ES 26 which is the 7.1(3b)SU2 code I mentioned. I recommend it to all my customers (currently) and have had great success in all environments.

Sent from my iPhone

Upgraded CUC to the latest 7.1.3.  And built up a CUCM 7.1.3 server.  Same issue!  Argh!!

I hate to bear the bad news but I think you have issues with ESX...not the apps. I know folks have these working on VMWare Server and ESXi.

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah, me too. It's probably because I am using an AMD processor and it can't find a certain file. Had a similar problem with IP Media Streaming App in CUCM that I had to fix by gaining root access.

Well, good luck.  These kinds of details are pretty important and best if divulged early on in a thread.  It certainly helps steer where to look first when trying to identify an issue.

Hailey

f.giordano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm running a similar issue. We have CUCM 7.1(5) and CUC 7.1(3).

CUCM is running on a MCS 7825 but CUC is on ESX (Host on AMD).

Integration was working pretty well until Guys from our internal IT decide to upgrade ESX.

And now everything is working except when I enter the PinCode from the phone.

I mean i'm able to retrieve voicemessage through CUPC for instance...

When entering PinCode on IpPhone, all the voicemail port unregister for 15 secs and then back again.

I'm running sccp integration and it worked before ESX upgrade ^^

I'm now gonna move my Virtual Machine on Intel based host, I'll let you know.

Fabian

Marcel Ammann
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

i have the same issue with Unity Connection 7.1.x on VMWare Workstation 7.1.0 and an AMD processor.

It seems to be a bug / error in VMWare or AMD stack.

Kind regards,

Marcel Ammann

It's AMD. Use Intel and you'll have better luck.

Sent from my iPhone

california
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I am running CUCM System version: 7.1.2.20000-2

and also running UCONN Version 7.1.2.20000-140

I am having exact problem on this.

I am able to leave vmails and the MWI work fine.  When i try to check vmails i enter the PIN and press # and nothing happens after that but the TEMP FAILED message on the phone.

I am using vmware virtual machines and this was working fine last week.  The changes i did were in CUCM, i deleted the vmailports and then re-created them.  in unity nothing changed.

after this,  i have the problem.

i have also re-created virtual machine and same problem.

i believe there must be something in the database that may still be referencing old records of some sort.

when i use Remote Port Status Monitor i get to this point:

CallData, 1, CallerId=1060, CalledId=8000, RedirectingId=, Origin=16, Reason=1, CallGuid=A8593BA6D4774BFEB55061A45E784414, CallerName=, LastRedirectingId=, LastRedirectingReason=1024, PortDisplayName=PhoneSystem-1-001

Application, 1, 1060, AttemptSignIn

State, 1, 1060, State - AttemptSignIn.cde!Dummy

State, 1, 1060, Event is [NULL]

Application, 1, 1060, SubSignIn

Display, 1, 1060, Subscriber Sign-In

State, 1, 1060, State - SubSignIn.cde!AnswerPhone

State, 1, 1060, Event is [TrueEvent]

State, 1, 1060, State - SubSignIn.cde!AuthenticateUser

Application, 1, 1060, -->SubAuthenticate

State, 1, 1060, State - SubAuthenticate.cde!TryCounter

State, 1, 1060, State - SubAuthenticate.cde!GatherID

State, 1, 1060, Event is [FalseEvent]

State, 1, 1060, State - SubAuthenticate.cde!LoadSubscriberMinimalData

State, 1, 1060, State - SubAuthenticate.cde!GatherPIN

Application, 1, 1060, -->SubAuthenticatePW

State, 1, 1060, State - SubAuthenticatePW.cde!ValidatePwd

After this, as soon as i het the TEMP FAILED message on the phone, my remote port status monitor says that the connection to server was reset and it closes.
let me know if you guys find a solution.

Hey,

Does anyone have any solution or a workaround for the above issue with AMD similar to the IPVMS workaround.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: