cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Transfer No Ringback

Daryl Clark
Level 1
Level 1

Hello...we are in the process of configuring a new AA in CUC. When a user makes a selection (1-9) it should follow a Call Action of Transfer To Alternate Contact Number with a Transfer Type of Release to Switch and then ring the corresponding internal extension associated with the selection. This is currently operating as designed. However, ringback does not work in all scenarios and I have been unable to solve why.

Scenario 1: Inbound from External via SIP Trunk - NO ISSUES

Scenario 2: Internal Phone - NO ISSUES

Scenario 3: Via 88xx phone registered via MRA - NO RINGBACK. NOTE: All other MRA functionality works and ringing works for all other uses.

Scenario 4: Via Webex Teams softphone with CUCM registration over VPN - NO RINGBACK NOTE: All other functionality and ringing works.

CUCM: 12.0.1.22900-11

CUC: 12.0.1.21900-10

Capture.PNG

5 Replies 5

were you find solution for this case?

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

Before I ask you for Logs, Could you please do the following

1. Make sure that "Network Locale" that you are using is existed in the device pool of the phone

Location =united states

2. Change service parameter 

Send H225 User Info Message --> change it to "Use ANN forringback"

2. Enable Duplex Streaming  under Service Parameters -> Cisco CallManager (Active) -> Clusterwide Parameters (Service).

4. Try enabling midcall-signaling on media change on IOS

Make sure MOH & annunciators are added in the trunk between CUBE, CUCM, and CUC and there is G711 codec between regions.

voice service voip

sip

Mid-call signalling passthrough media-change

5. MRG And MRGL Order

1. MRGL and MRG must be implemented like this, so transcoder should not be invoked when CUCM MTP can suffice.

ANNUNCIATOR-software

MTP-Software-CUCM

MTP-HW-IOS

TXD-HW-IOS

Kindly make these changes and let me know if it fixes your issue.

Hope that helps.

Please rate and mark accept as solution if it helps.

Tks Ammar

I did all the steps, but the problem persists 

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

Now the problem is further narrowed down. 

Is your Expressway is lower than x8.5.2 ? either upgrade or you need to disable early media between CUCM & CUBE and convert 183 messages to 180 by applying custom sip profile on CUBE.  Its a common bug ID CSCua72781.   

Expressway-C does not forward early media in 183 Session Progress or 180 Ringing across the traversal zone.

apply the workaround mentioned in the bug and also in the guide below.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway/118798-technote-cucm-00.html#anc22

Please rate & click "accept as solution" if this answered your Question. 

danielhache
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, did you ever find a resolution to this no ring back issue from UNITY?  We have having the same problem for a few weeks now.  I have a case with Cisco but no resolution yet.  The no ring back is only when we transfer from Unity.   Let me know

TY 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: