cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection upgrade 12.5 fails

Farrukh '
Level 1
Level 1

we are running CUC 10.5 and doing RU upgrade to 12.5, i have installed the ciscocm.cuc_upgrade_12_0_v1.2.k3.cop.sgn and ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn cop files as per the upgrade guide and then started the upgradation of 12.5 but it fails. i have attached the screenshot and  install log.

even though CUC 10.5 is still compatible with CUCM 12.5 and working fine but eventually we have to upgrade to 12.5

any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Farrukh

8 Replies 8

Flo.Matalis
Level 1
Level 1
Hi, I did an upgrade from 10.5.2 to 12.5 recently and it was successful.
Just out of curiosity, did you change the OS to CentOS 7 (64-bit) before the upgrade?

Note: If you are upgrading Unity Connection from any earlier version to release 12.5(1),
you must change the Guest Operating System before upgrade.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/12x/install_upgrade/guide/b_12xcuciumg.pdf

Hi,

yes I did change the os to "CentOS 4/5 or later (64bit)" as on current vmtools i do not have the option to select centOS 7 so once it will upgrade then will update the vmtools and then will select it.

I have did the same for CUCM and IMP nodes and they have upgraded without any issue.

Hi,

This is the issue "CentOS 4/5 or later (64bit)"

The Bootloader on Centos 7 is different.

Ours failed at this as well. We had to upgrade the vmtools prior to doing anything. This allowed us to select CentOS 7. Everything after that went smoothly.

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

There are 3 cop files to install (you only listed 2). Did you install "ciscocm.refresh_upgrade.cop" too?

This is for 9.x...so nevermind.

hi

were you able to solve this problem?

thanks.

Henrique

if you are having this problem, before the upgrade change the security status to permissive: utils os secure permissive on both pub and sub.

Issue for me was custom notification device name in a mailbox cause the upgrade to fail.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: