cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Upgrade 7.1(5) to 8.0(2)

dulmer
Level 1
Level 1

I know there is no direct upgrade from UCM 7.1(5) to UCM 8.0(2) but does the same apply to Unity Connection using the same versions?

Can Unity Connection 7.1(5) be upgraded directly to Unity Connection 8.0(2)?  Assume we do have a license/PAK for the upgrade.

Would COBRAS be the only way to get a Unity Connection 7.1(5) system to Unity Connection 8.0(2)?

I can't seem to find the correct link for Cisco upgrade paths with Unity Connection.

Regards,

David

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You use the same files and same upgrade paths for CUCM/CUC/CUCMBE.

From your version a direct upgrade is only possible to 8.5(1).

If you want 8.0 you'll have to do a fresh install and use COBRAS as you mention.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Java (+5 Java!)

Here is a clip from the CUC 7.1(5) release notes

Note If you are upgrading to version 7.1(5x) with the intention of upgrading later to version 8.x, you will need to wait for 8.5 to be released, in late 2010. Upgrading from version 7.1(5x) to version 8.0(x) is not supported.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/release/notes/715cucrn.html#wp489067

You will also find quite a few more serious bugs with the 8.0 release over the 8.5 release, so I would avoid

8.0 if at all possible. If and when you do decide to move to 8.5 the one bug that really kicks people is one that

manifests when using the "Patch during upgrade" method. Avoid that! If you need the Bug ID let me know.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: