Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Users get IMAP user credential check failed

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am trying to use TTS for Unity connection Users to access their email in exchange. However each time I try to test the user credentials I get "IMAP user credential check failed"

This is exhcnage 2003 and Unity connection 2.0.

The user alias exists in AD and I can login to echange using the user alias.

Please rate all useful posts
3 Replies 3

o-campbell
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find a solution for this issue? I am running into the same problem. Thanks.

Yes,

I managed to resolve this.

The problem was this: I enabled secure communication for TTS as documented in the Cisco Unity Connection Documentation.

However this did not work properly as my IMAP server (exchange) kept refusing connection.

I enabled advance login on Exchagne to know what the cause of this was..you can do the same..

Go to exchange....systems manager.....right click on your exchange server and click properties...click on diagnostics Loggin tab...under services select IMAPSvc..select all the category to your right and change their loggin levels to maximum....

Try Testing the connection again from Unity Connection..go the event viewer on your exchange and see the error you get.

If it complaints about secure channel...etc

Do the following to disable secure communication..

Go to your echange server..expand protocols...expand IMAP4..right click on default Virtual Server..properties..select access tab click on cummunication and un check require secure channel....Try again...

Please rate all useful posts

But if you do this you will send your username and password in clear text.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: