cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connections 8.6.x - Independent-persistent disk requirement for VM?

jgardner150
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone know why Unity Connections has a requirement for it's vDisks to be set to independant-persistant mode? I don't see this requirement for any other UC application and would prefer to not set it in this mode as it prevents us for taking a snapshot when the machine is shutdown. I know that snapshots are not officially supported, but it is a great back-out plan in the case of doing maintenance off hours and deleting the snapshot before using the VM in production.

Expanation of Independent Disks:

Independent Disks are not affected by snapshots.

Persistent - Changes are immediately and permanently written to the disk.

Where I found the Cisco requirements:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/requirements/8xcucsysreqs.html

"All virtual disks assigned to the Connection virtual machine must be configured  in independent-persistent mode, which provides the best storage performance."

2 Replies 2

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

That's exactly why they set it to independant-persistant mode. I know that the documentation states to set it to independant-persistant mode but the OVA file doesn't set it to independant-persistant mode!?!?

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Yea I also noticed that the OVA did not apply this setting. I have turned this on manually as this document states it is a requirement. Just wondering if this requirement has been droped at some point since that secton of the document was last modified June 9th 2011. I can't seem to find the requirement anywhere else beside this document and it is not stated anywhere that it was dropped.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: