cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connections users not synced with LDAP when imported with COBRAS

Jimmi2shooz
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if this has already been addressed ( if so, maybe someone could point me to that thread), but here's my concern(s):

After importing all our users from our Unity 7 to our Unity Connection 8.6, I noticed that their LDAP status was set to "Do not integrate with LDAP"

by default.  Was there a way for me to have the status set to Integrate during the import process, and i somehow missed it?

Is this typical behavior, requiring a second step to enable integration on the accounts using BAT?  If so, what is that process?

i can see that there is a "import users" and "sync users" area in the admin page, but I don't necessarily need to import or sync all users from our LDAP environment, only those users who have a voicemail account in Unity/Connections.

What is the most efficient way to accomplish this integration?  Do I need perform the import process all over again, or can i simply enable this integration after the fact?  There are about 6000 users imported.

Any direcetion or insight is much appreciated.

thanks!          

1 Reply 1

rtrauernicht
Level 1
Level 1

This unfortunately is the only and default behavior when you use COBRAS.  You can use Bulk Edit to change this pretty easily.  You can also use BAT to export all your users and then update the LDAP field in the SMPT with the UserID for AD and then update users over the top. 

Shouldn't take more then a few mins to do either.

Thanks,

Ryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: