Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express 8.6 custom script not working properly

bjackson.3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I'm having an issue with a custom auto-attendant script for Unity Express 8.6.6.

A brief overview of the expected call flow:

1. Call comes to 2600, which is set to forward to 2699 if busy or no answer.
  2. Call to 2699 is sent to CUE, which is set to answer with the auto-attendant script.
  3. Script does a time-and-day check to determine if the site is within business hours.
    1. If within business hours, a prompt stating line is currently busy, please leave a message is played, and call is forwarded to 2601.
    2. If outside business hours, a prompt stating office is closed is played, and call is forwarded to 2601.
  4. Calls to 2601 are all forwarded to voicemail.

My first version had a Business Hours object, with a schedule parameter set so that the schedule could be chosen in the CUE GUI. This script did not appear to work properly, as the AfterHours option was always selected by the script. My current version removed this object and replaced it with manual Time-and-Day objects, but the same behavior as above occurs – the AfterHours option is always selected.

Both scripts validated in the editor, and the CUE has been rebooted since the script was first uploaded. TAC validated that nothing in the "show run" is causing CUE to ignore the time-and-day checks. I've attached a ZIP file that contains the scripts, "show software version" and "show license status application" output.

Am I missing anything?

7 Replies 7

greetings bjackson.3

did you create the time-range trigger on the cue ?

had a great day . best regards, and rate if you'll find this post useful

Thank you for replying.

I believe I have implemented the proper triggers for the script, but I am not certain - the information for creating these scripts has eluded me, and I have mostly deconstructed sample scripts to get what I have here.

This is the original script. The Call Redirects for MainMenu and AfterHours have only the End object in them, so I left them collapsed. This script has a parameter to choose which schedule to use within the Unity Express GUI.

This is the new script, where I deleted the Business Hours check and made an explicit time of day check. The rest of the script remains the same, so I did not include it in this screencap.

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'll want to grab a trace--take a look at the branching it is/isn't taking as well as the actual day/time on the CUE.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unity-express/53207-trace.html

I read through the document, and it says that the atrace.log file that is generated is not cleartext. Is there any application I can use to read the traces I generate?

EDIT: Apologies, it appears this documentation needs to be rewritten. I was looking at the process to enable traces on an AIM module, when our Unity Express module is on an Internal Services Module 300. I issued "show trace buffer trail" and placed a test call, and this is what I see:

3700 05/25 14:26:12.254 ACCN APMG 0 EXECUTING_STEP:Executing a step: Application=App[name=autoattendant,type=Cisco Script Application,id=1,desc=autoattendant,enabled=true,max=2,valid=true,cfg=[ApplicationConfig[,name=autoattendant,id=1,type=Cisco Script Application.description=autoattendant,enabled=true,sessions=2,script=SCRIPT[aa_vtgnwd.aef],access=0,privilege=1,script=SCRIPT[aa_vtgnwd.aef]]]],Task id=19000000034,Step id=188,Step Class=com.cisco.wfframework.steps.core.StepComment,Step Description= /* Open/Closed check */
3700 05/25 14:26:12.255 ACCN ENGN 0 Execute step of Task 19000000034 :  /* Open/Closed check */
3700 05/25 14:26:12.255 ACCN APMG 0 EXECUTING_STEP:Executing a step: Application=App[name=autoattendant,type=Cisco Script Application,id=1,desc=autoattendant,enabled=true,max=2,valid=true,cfg=[ApplicationConfig[,name=autoattendant,id=1,type=Cisco Script Application.description=autoattendant,enabled=true,sessions=2,script=SCRIPT[aa_vtgnwd.aef],access=0,privilege=1,script=SCRIPT[aa_vtgnwd.aef]]]],Task id=19000000034,Step id=261,Step Class=com.cisco.wf.steps.ivr.DayOfWeekStep,Step Description=Day of Week
3700 05/25 14:26:12.255 ACCN ENGN 0 Execute step of Task 19000000034 : Day of Week
3700 05/25 14:26:12.255 ACCN APMG 0 EXECUTING_STEP:Executing a step: Application=App[name=autoattendant,type=Cisco Script Application,id=1,desc=autoattendant,enabled=true,max=2,valid=true,cfg=[ApplicationConfig[,name=autoattendant,id=1,type=Cisco Script Application.description=autoattendant,enabled=true,sessions=2,script=SCRIPT[aa_vtgnwd.aef],access=0,privilege=1,script=SCRIPT[aa_vtgnwd.aef]]]],Task id=19000000034,Step id=275,Step Class=com.cisco.wfframework.steps.core.StepGoto,Step Description=Goto AfterHours
3700 05/25 14:26:12.255 ACCN ENGN 0 Execute step of Task 19000000034 : Goto AfterHours
3700 05/25 14:26:12.256 ACCN APMG 0 EXECUTING_STEP:Executing a step: Application=App[name=autoattendant,type=Cisco Script Application,id=1,desc=autoattendant,enabled=true,max=2,valid=true,cfg=[ApplicationConfig[,name=autoattendant,id=1,type=Cisco Script Application.description=autoattendant,enabled=true,sessions=2,script=SCRIPT[aa_vtgnwd.aef],access=0,privilege=1,script=SCRIPT[aa_vtgnwd.aef]]]],Task id=19000000034,Step id=37,Step Class=com.cisco.wfframework.steps.core.StepLabel,Step Description=AfterHours:
3700 05/25 14:26:12.256 ACCN ENGN 0 Execute step of Task 19000000034 : AfterHours:
3700 05/25 14:26:12.256 ACCN APMG 0 EXECUTING_STEP:Executing a step: Application=App[name=autoattendant,type=Cisco Script Application,id=1,desc=autoattendant,enabled=true,max=2,valid=true,cfg=[ApplicationConfig[,name=autoattendant,id=1,type=Cisco Script Application.description=autoattendant,enabled=true,sessions=2,script=SCRIPT[aa_vtgnwd.aef],access=0,privilege=1,script=SCRIPT[aa_vtgnwd.aef]]]],Task id=19000000034,Step id=228,Step Class=com.cisco.wfframework.steps.core.StepComment,Step Description= /* Play VTG_Closed prompt ... */
3700 05/25 14:26:12.256 ACCN ENGN 0 Execute step of Task 19000000034 :  /* Play VTG_Closed prompt ... */
3700 05/25 14:26:12.256 ACCN APMG 0 EXECUTING_STEP:Executing a step: Application=App[name=autoattendant,type=Cisco Script Application,id=1,desc=autoattendant,enabled=true,max=2,valid=true,cfg=[ApplicationConfig[,name=autoattendant,id=1,type=Cisco Script Application.description=autoattendant,enabled=true,sessions=2,script=SCRIPT[aa_vtgnwd.aef],access=0,privilege=1,script=SCRIPT[aa_vtgnwd.aef]]]],Task id=19000000034,Step id=214,Step Class=com.cisco.wf.steps.ivr.OutputStep,Step Description=Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, pAfterHours)
3700 05/25 14:26:12.256 ACCN ENGN 0 Execute step of Task 19000000034 : Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, pAfterHours)

It appears as though the script engine is seeing the Day of Week object, acknowledging it without somehow doing anything with it, and then choosing a "goto AfterHours" step within that object and playing that prompt, which is consistent with the behavior we're seeing.

Any thoughts? 

It looks to me like the module thinks its 05/25, which would be a Sunday/weekend (at least in 2014).  Can you check the date/time of the module?

There was a problem with NTP; the server we were synchronizing to went offline. NTP is working and the server shows the proper time, but the issue continues to occur.

Any other thoughts?

Could we get an updated trace with the new date/time?  It looked like it was behaving correctly considering the date/time last time, so maybe its failing elsewhere now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: