cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity express backup

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

Can anyone tell me what returnvalue:6 is on a failed attempt to backup unity express. I can access the ftp server from a pc but not from unity express. ftp server is pingable from unity express subnet. thx

11 Replies 11

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you do "show backup history" from the CUE module, you should see a description of the reason for failure.

Try indicating the source interface for FTP traffic with the following command:

ip ftp source-interface

Brandon

Thanks Brandon,

The error seems to indicate that cue can't get to the server. There has to be something else going on as I ftped the config of the cme

using the voice vlan as the source with no problem. I don't see anywhere that you can set ftp source in the cue module and in any event it really only has one interface.

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

In cue 2.3 if the password used to access the ftp server has any special characters in it, the backup will fail.

I'm facing the same issue, but slightly differ. while backing up my unity express information....

Reports---> Backup History:

HistoricalData: Failure Connection to backup server failed: ftp://X.X.X.X/mrv-unity: returnvalue:7

Unable to connect to backup server

FTP Server is pinging successfully:: no problem in connectivity, from FTP Server to Unity Express & from Unity Express to FTP Server, all routing is well & going on reachable....

Reply from X.X.X.X: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=63

&

why i'm getting this error:

In Unity Express ---> Reports ---> Backup History.

what should i do for this issue....

honestly i've done lots of R&D regarding this, but still problem is there....

Num_of_Revs             = 2

Category_0      =     Data

Data_lastbackup_index      =     0

#Details of last 2 backups

#Details of the last successful restore

Data_restore_backupid     =   

Data_restore_date     =   

Data_restore_backupdate     =   

Data_restore_description     =   

Thanks: Mohit Grover MCP, MCSE, MCITP CCIE Voice # 35961 BCA (Network Communications) MCA (Network Communications)

HI

Do you have special charctors in FTp password. If yes do not use them and try to do backup again.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hey Ronak, thanks for your reply, But the password is simply:    abcd

I have tried all possible things,

Do you have any idea related to Return Value:7, then that shall be good try...

Thanks: Mohit Grover MCP, MCSE, MCITP CCIE Voice # 35961 BCA (Network Communications) MCA (Network Communications)

Hi

Wht FTP server you are using...

Regards

Ronak Patel

Hi

I hope you are using MIcrosoft FTp server.

See below links shows how to configure the FTP server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a00802fb58d.shtml

regards

Ronak patel

Plese rate helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Hey man, that's is simple backup configuration guide with MS-FTP server, But as you know i'm facing some problems while backing up my CUE infor.

check out 1:

why this error is showing in Log, (Routing & Switching section is all reachable, Perfectly)....

check out 2:

returnvalue:7

(this ERROR is still there & i think the resolution is behind that)

So Lets See.......

Hey Guys, I've done backup/restore of almost all Unifed Component with freeSSHd, this application is working properly, & I've done backup  & restore of CUCM, unity connection, Unity Express, UCCX, etc....

Just google it with the keyword (freeSSHd download link), this application is open source, & you can download it for free.

this is download link as of now:     http://www.freesshd.com/?ctt=download

So enjoy :: for any further help, continue to mail me @ micky@outlook.com

Mohit Grover
MCP, MCSE, MCITP
CCIE Voice # 35961
BCA (Network Communications)
MBA (Business Strategies)

nikhijos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please refer below document for details of the error that you mentioned.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_1/cme_cli/ch5bkrst.pdf

For more investigation on it, please let us know the output of command: "show backup history", which shows more information about that error.

Thanks,

Nikhil Joshi.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: