Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express v7.0 and CallManager v5.1.2: not recording calls from outside

gtisuporte
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all!

I've recently configured integration between CCM v5.1.2 and Unity Express v7.0 and some features worked properly and I'm able to record calls from Cisco Phones and Cisco IP Communicators. But when outside calls (external and internal, from our Ericsson PBX system) are received, they're not correctly forwarded to the voicemail system provided by Unity Express.

Unity Express module is AIM-CUE= and is installed on a C2851 router, that's integrated with our Ericsson PBX system. External (and internal, not used by CCM v5) calls are forwarded from Ericsson to CCM normally but not forwarded properly when they're trying to reach the Unity Express. When I make a call from cell phone, it rings until I receive a "BUSY" signal from the PBX system, indicating some sort of error, maybe from misconfiguration of Unity Express or CCM or both.

Please, can you help me?

Regards

AMC

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

It seem to be a codec problem

CUE accept only G711

So you'll need a transcoder for the external calls to work and add "codec G711" under your CUE dial-peer ,also add allow connections under voice service voip

Wish this be helpful

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi,

It seem to be a codec problem

CUE accept only G711

So you'll need a transcoder for the external calls to work and add "codec G711" under your CUE dial-peer ,also add allow connections under voice service voip

Wish this be helpful

Thanks

Thanks for your help!

There was also a misconfiguration in Calling Search Space. I've made the corrections and worked perfectly!

i.va
Level 3
Level 3

Hi!

I have a similar problem as described above. I'm running CUCM 7.1.3 with CUE 7.1.4 on a 2811 (NME-CUE) gateway. A Siemens Hicom PBX passes calls from the PSTN to the 2811 via qsig.

CTI Ports and JTAPI Access seems to work fine. I can access CUE and leave VoiceMail when calling from the inside. If calls come from the PSTN and forwarded to VoiceMail, however, a busy signal is heard. Normal CFA to external destinations works. The correct CSS was used everywhere (CTI Route Point and CTI Ports CSS can access every Partition). The Codec specified in the DevicePool Region of the CTI Ports is G.711, so no transcoding should be necessary (since CUE only supports G.711).

Am I missing something? Do I need additional configuration on the 2811 if I am using CUCM? Would be very happy if someone could give me some advice!!

Here is my Gateway configuration...some output omitted (the extension 171 on CUCM is forwarded to VoiceMail):

!
voice service voip
no supplementary-service h225-notify cid-update
fax protocol cisco
h323
  h225 timeout t302 6
  h225 signal overlap
  no h225 alt-ep hunt user-busy
  call start slow
!
isdn switch-type primary-qsig
!
voice class codec 10
codec preference 2 g711alaw
!
!
voice class h323 1
  h225 timeout tcp establish 3
  call preserve
!
interface Serial0/0/0:15
no ip address
encapsulation hdlc
isdn switch-type primary-qsig
isdn timer T310 10000
isdn overlap-receiving T302 6000
isdn incoming-voice voice
isdn outgoing-voice info-transfer-capability 3.1kHz-audio
no cdp enable
!

!
interface BVI1
ip address 172.17.70.101 255.255.255.0
service-policy output VOIP_POL_MARK
!
!
interface Integrated-Service-Engine1/0
description ----- NME-CUE -----
ip unnumbered BVI1
service-module ip address 172.17.70.111 255.255.255.0
!Application: CUE Running on NME
service-module ip default-gateway 172.17.70.101
no keepalive
!
ip route 172.17.70.111 255.255.255.255 Integrated-Service-Engine1/0
!
voice-port 0/0/0:15
cptone DE
bearer-cap Speech
!
!
dial-peer voice 51 voip
description -------------------------------  CM
preference 10
destination-pattern 171
progress_ind setup enable 3
modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw
voice-class codec 10
voice-class h323 1
session target ipv4:172.17.70.201
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
fax rate disable
no vad
!

!
dial-peer voice 10 pots
tone ringback alert-no-PI
preference 1
destination-pattern 0
progress_ind setup enable 3
progress_ind alert enable 8
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial
port 0/0/0:15
prefix 0
!

I managed to find the solution. After analyzing traces on CUE I discovered an "CTIERR_REDIRECT_CALL_UNKNOWN_DESTINATION" error. I found this thread (https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/320157#320157), which describes a similar problem with IPCC. After adding the CTI ports partition directly to the gateway CSS, CUE answered external calls, skipping any translation patterns.

I am curious as to why this is necessary. Normal CFA works fine for external callers via Translation Patterns. I would be happy if someone could explain it to me..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: