Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express

gbwatkins
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I think this is doable but have never tried.  I have a CUE module from which I need to pull some of the personal greetings and name prompts for individual voicemail boxes.  Anyone out there know how I can get this done?

Cheers,

Geoff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Top level user data including voice names is pretty easy just parsing into the CUE backup files - stored as base 64 encoded strings in there.  The CUE Migration tool fetches them out using this method since it works for older versions prior to the 8.x line that support the REST APIs for such things - I'm unsure what version you're at but I'm assuming their web APIs would allow for getting/setting greetings (I have not used these as customers migrating thus far have not been at recent versions of CUE so it's not an option for me).

Greetings can't easily be fetched from the backup files unfortunately - you'd have to mount the database to get at them so I don't include those in my migration.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

gowrishankar.m
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Geoff,

Can you check this link and let me know if this what you were looking forward for

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008025c5e0.shtml

Thanks for the reply.  I have seen this document and is helpful except for the fact that I need to pull the greetings off the CUE system and don't know the names of the files.  I don't need the actual AA prompts, I need to retrieve the individual user greeting ans spoken names (if possible).  Any ideas?

Top level user data including voice names is pretty easy just parsing into the CUE backup files - stored as base 64 encoded strings in there.  The CUE Migration tool fetches them out using this method since it works for older versions prior to the 8.x line that support the REST APIs for such things - I'm unsure what version you're at but I'm assuming their web APIs would allow for getting/setting greetings (I have not used these as customers migrating thus far have not been at recent versions of CUE so it's not an option for me).

Greetings can't easily be fetched from the backup files unfortunately - you'd have to mount the database to get at them so I don't include those in my migration.

Thanks mate.  Yeah, the requirement is that we pull some of the exectutive personal greetings out for migration to Unity for an interim move.  Do you know of any way to access the DB to pull them out or would that be something I would ned TAC (root access) assistance with?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: