cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity for Domino, don't want Cisco player.

neal.miller
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to just use windows media player as the player for vm messages in Domino. We do not want to deploy the "plug in" player to everyone on the server. We would rather have the voice mail message come through as a wav file and when the user clicks on the attachment, it will open the media player instead of the cisco player.

Also, I do not want the issue of when a user clicks on the message attachment that the program constantly asks to install a plug in.

Thanks all

Neal

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Voice mails are always included as a WAV file that can be played with any media player so long as the appropriate codec is installed on the client machine - if you're using standard G711 MuLaw this shouldn't be a problem.

Be aware, howerver, that without the VMO plug in users can't reply to voice mail with voice mail or forward voice mail messages as voice mail - they'll forward as emails with attached WAVs which Unity will not play over the phone interface for users.

Ok, but I cannot get the prompts from coming up all the time. Here is what we get on the client

I receive a mail message with a voice mail attachment. I click on the mail message and get an error box with "The Domino unified Communications Services client must be installed"

I click OK

I get "Unable to load livrary(nucclient.dll)"

I click OK

I get a Plug-in Not Found prompt.

I click Cancel

The message finally opens up with the .wav file but also get a big empty box that would be the Cisco player.

We do not want to get all those prompts or the empty box. Is this possible?

We want to just click on the mail entry and have the message open with an attachment only.

Thanks

neal

This is Lotus code. They wrote the client and its one of their processes on the Domino server that's kicking off the "helpful" warning message. I'll ask them about how to disable it and get back to you.

--Scott.

Scott, thanks much. Here is something that I did. I removed all the DUC's software from the Domino server and now I do not get prompted for the errors. Although there is no MWI for the phones. I guess this is a trade off.

Thanks for the help and look forward to reading what info you get.

Neal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: