Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - how to get rid of the "Sorry" before greeting

I have a route point with a DN associated with a four digit inbound DID.   It exists to always forward the call to Unity.    When it hits Unity the caller hears "Sorry but <call handler description field is read> is not available"  then it plays the greeting recorded for that call handler.   How do you get rid of the Sorry message so it only plays the greeting?

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Generally, when you hear "Sorry....." before the recorded text when calling a Call handler or user in CUC it's because the Greeting was not recorded as the actual greeting but rather as the "recorded name".

Go to the Call handler in question and check the greetings page to see what greeting is recorded/in use and active. This should show the Standard greeting (in most cases) as recorded and active. If not then you'll need to re-record the text to that greeting and activate it with no end date.

Cheers!

Rob

actually I found that if I check Play my Personal Greeting rather than Pay System Default Greeting under "Caller Hears"  the issue is correct.

Thanks for helping me look deeper Rob!

eskrundz
Level 1
Level 1

I was uploading the wav file in the wrong place.  I was loading it into the name recording field on the Call Handler Basic information screen.  I then up loaded it to the Recordings on the alternate greetings screen and it eliminated the Sorry prompt et al.

@eskrundz Why are you posting a response on a 6 year old post that you did not be a part of originally? The OP has already posted an update on what the problem was and how to solve it. IMHO Bringing up old post in the flow just clutters the community.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: