Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Migration to 8.X from Unity 3.1

Hello, I am performing a new installation of a Unity 8.X on a new server.

My problem is how to do the migration of the messages of subscribers, and also of the greetings of the old one. Is it possible?

I have read about the Cobra´s utility, but it is for 4.X versions and above and it is a 3.1 Unity.

I know I can export the greetings manually and configure them one by one... but what about messages, or passwords of subscribers?

Is there any Cisco tool I can use that I have forgotten?

Thank you!

Héctor

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there's no tool that will get much data for you for a Unity version so old.  The view/procs structure in Unity didn't get complete until the 4.0(3)

release which is why many tools don't go back any further than that (4.0(5) in some cases).

3.1 was a whole different ball of wax and the phone passwords were in a completely different encrypted format that wont be recognized by later versions.

You can get top level information with the Subscriber Data Dump and import that but you wont be able to get greetings, voice names or the like.

Messages can be done with ExMerge assuming your coming from/going to EXchange - this is a Microsoft tool you can Google for - it gets mail from each users mailbox into a PST file and allows you to import it into a new system - it'll save data such that the new Unity install should recognize it as voice mail still (i.e. the message class is preserved).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there's no tool that will get much data for you for a Unity version so old.  The view/procs structure in Unity didn't get complete until the 4.0(3)

release which is why many tools don't go back any further than that (4.0(5) in some cases).

3.1 was a whole different ball of wax and the phone passwords were in a completely different encrypted format that wont be recognized by later versions.

You can get top level information with the Subscriber Data Dump and import that but you wont be able to get greetings, voice names or the like.

Messages can be done with ExMerge assuming your coming from/going to EXchange - this is a Microsoft tool you can Google for - it gets mail from each users mailbox into a PST file and allows you to import it into a new system - it'll save data such that the new Unity install should recognize it as voice mail still (i.e. the message class is preserved).

Thank you very much for your help!

Héctor