cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity MTA folder moves - Are they logged?

aminbrooks1906
Level 1
Level 1

When checking E:\CommServer\UnityMTA\Failed, I see the most recent file in the folder is date 3/29/2012. We had some Unity issues today. Is there a way to check the logs or something that can tell me if some files were moved from that folder today?

Regards,

AB

1 Reply 1

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hello AB,

I understand you want to determine if those files from MTA\failed folder were moved.

As a short background, remember that all messages go through the Message Transfer Agent (MTA) which takes miliseconds before they get delivered, and we actually never notice a message there, until something breaks (i.e loss of communication with Exchange), therefore it is kept local in the MTA until communication or whatever is broken gets fixed, eventually if the issue is not resolved, those messages are passed into the failed folder and are left there. Once they reach the Failed folder, they remain there unless you move them back to the mta folder (basically copy/paste) so they can be delivered.

My action plan would be to:

1.Verify the time stamp of the messages in the failed folder.

2. Check the application and system logs.  Go to start>run>eventvwr. Check the time stamps that match or are close to the ones in the messages. Try looking for UMR, DOH, Malex, Miu events. This might give you clues on what happened during that day that might have caused the issue.

3.If you had traces enabled on Tools Depot> Diagnostic tools> Unity Diagnostic tools>Micro traces

You can gather them by selecting Gather logs, based on the messages you found on the event viewer.

For a clear understanding of what a particular traces analyzes please check the link below: Troubleshooting Guide for Cisco Unity Release 5.x (With Microsoft Exchange)  >  Diagnostic Trace Utilities and Logs

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/troubleshooting/guide/ex/5xcutsg020e.html

Best Regards,

David Peck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: