cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - overlapping numbers; autoattendant dial by extension failing, using 10-digits in Unity, 4-digits in CUCM

aiwapro09
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client with CUCM 7 and Unity 5 in a multi-site environment.  They use 4-digit extensions and therefore now have overlapping extentions.  In CUCM they have gotten around this with partitions, but in Unity they have hit a wall.  The last site they added, they used 10-digits in Unity for the user's mailboxes, because of overlapping.  They kept 4-digits extensions in CUCM.

I configured translation patterns in CUCM to allow access between CUCM and Unity for access to the mailboxes, and MWI.  However, I have run into an issue with the auto-attendant.  When attempting to dial by extension, the caller has to enter the 10-digit mailbox extension, instead of the 4-digit CUCM extension.  Any solution workaround for this?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately in Unity there are no translation patterns or anything similar, In unity you need to dial what you have configured. In this case if users are 10 digit DNs then that's what you need to dial, specially because there is no workaround if there is already overlapping in your dial plan.

You would need to have CUC in order to achieve what you want and have a dial plan with overlapping or same DNs.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

No way around this?  No way to prepend digits to what the caller enters in the autoattendant menu?

No, the caller input will use only whatever you dial to try to route it. There are no methods to modify/add/remove digits. What you dial is what Unity will try to match against it's dial plan and anything that has a DN configured in Unity.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate