cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity PBXLink Nortel Meridian and CallManager Integration

kelly.nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.04 integrated with Nortel Meridian via a PBXLink box and analog ports. Unity 4.04 is also integrated with CM 3.3(3)4. CallManager has a gateway to the Nortel system via a PRI. We have a couple of callhandlers which when dialed from a Nortel phone or from a caller from the PSTN, all calls reach the appropriate callhandler but when the callhandler attempts to transfer them to a external number the calls fail or or are redirected to the operator on the Nortel system. The main call handler that we are having a issue with is a callhandler that transfer to a 918XXXXXXXXX number. IP Phones can use all callhandlers without any issues. It appears the problem is the configuration between the PBXLink box and Nortel but I am trying to see if anyone has insight on what I might look at to resolve this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

mmiktus
Level 1
Level 1

Please check with your PBX guy to verify that the lines associated with the VM ports linking Unity to the Switch have the ability to out dial. I have had this issue before as well. And it was a configuration on the PBX that had to be changed.

I THINK the default config does not allow out dialing on those lines at all. The PBX has to be told to allow it.

Matt

mmiktus
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry. Forum error = double post.

mmiktus
Level 1
Level 1

Kelly,

Here's how we're doing it... and bear with me as PBX guys and VoIP guys speak different dialects of the same language round these parts.

Whenever Unity has to OUT-DIAL it is set up to Transfer to PHANTOM TN's. Meaning, Unity does a transfer to an EXTENSION, that extension lives on the PBX, but is NOT a line on an actual phone. The extension is set with Call Forward External attributes.

IE:

A transfer to ext 12345 is sent to the PBX. The PBX is configured to take all calls from EXT 12345 and forward them externally to 9, 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX.

So, UNITY does not actually dial 9, 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX, it only dials an extension. The translation and transferring is handled by the PBX.

The PBX guys tell me that you can use an ACD agent to do this or, depending on the software version, a Phantom TN.

It does get a little messy if there are a ton of numbers or if the numbers change frequently. However, in 6 or 7 installations of this type, this is really the only way we have gotten it to work consistently.

Hope this helps.

Matt