Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Schema - Customer wants to extend for Exchange 2007

CHRIS HABBERJAM
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My customer is a global company, with a fairly complex AD forest. I have been working with Unity 5 and Unity 7 within EMEA, so have consequently had to extend the schema to support these.

My customer currently uses Exchange 2003 but the US team have now informed us that they intend to extend the schema to support Exchange 2007 for the US sites.

My question is, would this cause an issue? I've been doing a bit of searching through CCO and my impressions are that this should not cause any problems, but I just wanted to ask the experts in case I missed something.

They intend to do schema update this weekend !

Thanks

Chris

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chris -

The schema, if you will, is backward compatible and will not affect your running Unity servers. Do you have a single Exchange organization for the current Exchange 2003 servers? Make sure the Exchange folks add the Exchange 2007 server to the existing organization - which will coexist the 2003 and 2007 servers together just fine. This is important if the 2007 servers are going to host Unity subscribers. Of course, you will have to run Permissions Wizard for the new Exchange 2007 server and eventually plan to run Message Store Configuration Wizard so that Unity can use the Exchange 2007 as its partner server.

Regards, Ginger

Ginger,

Many thanks, appreciate the feedback.

The 2003/2007 Exchange appears to be working fine, no glitches yet !!

Regards, Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: