cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity subscriber showing 0 total ports?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i have cucm P+S 12 and unity P 12.5 , i went to check my unity cluster managment and i found my sub unity showing

0 total ports and 0 active ports while my publisher unity showing 20? is that a normal behavior? how do i increase the unity subscriber port count?

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nope, that’s not normal. Someone forgot to create them when setting up the Port Group. Go back to the Port Group, choose Add Ports from Related Links in the top-right, and chose the subscriber when adding ports. Supported quantity depends on the OVA chosen at install time and which codecs are enabled.
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-cisco-unity-connection.html

should i restart something after adding the ports?

If the Port Group status says that a reset is required, then yes. No serviceability-level restarts of services are required though.

Actually now i did the same at another customer but by mistake added uneeded extra ports for the subscriber , can i delete ports from the port group separately

Yes. The interface for this is pretty straight forward. Select the ports you want to delete from Ports and then reset the Port Group.