cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity transfer to outside phone number

jerrycourt
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Unity 4.0. Is it possibe to (using caller input) to transfer a call to an outside phone number. ex. they want to have a caller press 1 and the call transfer to an outside 800 phone number.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jerry -

Yep, it works great! Create your call handler and on the Call Transfer settings, select the radial button "Yes, ring a subscriber at this extension". Put in your number, plus any prefix numbers you may need to dial to get offnet, example: we need to dial 9. Select Release to Switch. Then code that handler in the caller input 1 key.

Regards, Ginger

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jerry -

Yep, it works great! Create your call handler and on the Call Transfer settings, select the radial button "Yes, ring a subscriber at this extension". Put in your number, plus any prefix numbers you may need to dial to get offnet, example: we need to dial 9. Select Release to Switch. Then code that handler in the caller input 1 key.

Regards, Ginger

Thanks, it seems to be working.

I've followed this post and your other post on creating the a call handler to transfer a call to a phone outside the phone system (like a cell phone), but it's not working for me. I get "please wait while your call is transfered" then I get on hold music for a few seconds then I get dead air. I checked my restrictions in Unity and added my cell phone number in to be allowed. Can you help me further? Thanks!

Hi Mike -

Make sure you have release to switch checked on the Transfer Type, instead of Supervise transfer. The "please wait while ..." prompt is occurring because I believe Unity is supervising the call. Let Unity release to your switch. If the phone has the correct class of service to dial the number and you don't have routing to the number blocked in your PBX, you should be good to go. Hope this helps!

Ginger

Ginger, Thanks for your quick reply! Looks like I just got it working a few minutes ago. It was a calling search space/partition issue. Thanks very much! You seem to REALLY know you're stuff and hope you can help me out in the future. I've only been at this 6 - 8 months.

Hey Mike -

You are very welcome! When I started working with CallManager and Unity and discovered this forum, I started visiting it often. Have you taken the Cisco IP Telephony or Unity Systems Engineer courses yet? If not, I recommend them - they will definitely give you a good base of support information. Best wishes with your continued work with these applications - I think they are too much fun!

Sincerely, Ginger