cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Unified Messaging Email notification not working when second Exchange server is down

NoBox
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I am having an issue with Cisco Unity Unified Messaging Services.  Currently one of our Exchange servers is down and our email notification for voice mails is not working.  I checked Unity and the current Exchange server is set to a server that is online and working but for some reason we are still not receiving the voicemail notifications in email.  Here is the current setup

Cisco Unity Servers:

Publisher version 12.5

Subscriber version 12.5

Exchange On Prem:

Server1 Exchange 2016

Server2 Exchange 2016(currently down)

I have tested the user account in Unified Messaging Account Status and everything works.  I click test and it shows connectivity to the server and calendar.  

I think it has to do with some type of routing issue or Exchange issue with the other server being down.  Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

NoBox
Level 1
Level 1

I figured it out, the service account in Unity did not have a mailbox in Exchange.  I found documentation that new versions of Exchange may require the service account to have a mailbox.  I added the mailbox for the account and it's now working.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Make sure you have correct IP Address configured under Unity Connection Administration >> SMTP Configuration >> Smart Host. Unity Connection to sends message notifications by using SMTP,  and Unity Connection server must be configured to relay messages through a smart host.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

I think the smart host is set properly.  Currently it seems like there is a long delay for the notifications to appear.  I made some voicemails yesterday and when I logged in today they all appeared in my Outlook client.   I tried creating a new voicemail today but I have not received a notification yet.  

NoBox
Level 1
Level 1

I checked some logs in RTMT and found sometimes I get the error:

11:40:10.538 |12738,,{5eb33a8f-13e2-48e8-ac8d-2c8cc9912c99},CsEws,10,FAILED HTTP Response:

11:40:10.538 |12738,,{5eb33a8f-13e2-48e8-ac8d-2c8cc9912c99},CsEws,12,EWS X-DiagInfo: Header Missing, X-FEServer: , X-BEServer: Header Missing

This does not always happen but it is in the logs.  I don't know if something with EWS on the Exchange server is not working correctly. 

Also noticed it has the wrong exchange version in the logs. 

<t:RequestServerVersion Version="Exchange2007_SP1"/>

Does this have any significance? 

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This seems to be exchange server timeout issue. I found similar issue on Microsoft support site:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d5264267-d6fa-4963-9741-2c3e03b7139c/ews-timeout?forum=exchangesvradmin

I would recommend to involve exchange engineer.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

NoBox
Level 1
Level 1

I figured it out, the service account in Unity did not have a mailbox in Exchange.  I found documentation that new versions of Exchange may require the service account to have a mailbox.  I added the mailbox for the account and it's now working.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am glad that your issue is resolved. AFAIK, service account requires Application Impersonation management role to the unified messaging. Can you point to the document where it mentions about assigning mailbox to the service account? 

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: