Views
Helpful
Replies

UNITY upgrade in failover mode

mikram
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have two Unity servers 4.0.2 running in failover mode. I am trying to upgrade to 4.1.2. I have upgraded the Primary server to 4.1.2 without any problem but when I start upgrading secondary server I loose all my voice mails and call handlers as I do get busy tone when accessing voice mail. When I look at primary server, it says this server is not active failover. How can I fallback to primary and get the voice mail up and running while upgrading secondary server. I have tried to use the failover monitor utility with fallback option, but it is graved out.

thanks

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

According to the 4.2 upgrade guide - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_upgrade_guides_chapter09186a0080205abd.html

"The failover feature cannot be used for continuing Cisco Unity service on one server while upgrading the Cisco Unity software on the other server. Both the primary and secondary servers must be out of service while the Cisco Unity software is upgraded. The secondary server cannot handle voice messaging while the primary server is being upgraded. While you do the upgrade, callers and subscribers will not be able to record or listen to voice messages. We recommend that you upgrade when phone traffic is light, for example, after business hours."

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: