Views
Helpful
Replies

UnityCN Single Inbox From Address

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

Unity 4.x with UM:

When UserA sends UserB a voicemail it would show up in UserB's mailbox as coming from UserA's email address. UserB could then hit reply, and then type a response back to the voicemail and send it off.

UnityCN 8.5 with Single Inbox:

UserB still gets the email with wav file, but it shows the sender's email address as the unity connection server, and not UserA's email address.

Is there a way to make this function like Unity and replace the default "Unity Connection" email with the corporate email of the user leaving the voicemail?

1 Reply 1

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

I have played with my lab setup, and it appears that if I change the Unity Connection SMTP Domain to match the company's domain, then it gives the desired effect.

It has been recommended by Cisco for as long as I can remember not to make the SMTP Domain match your company's domain, but in this case it seems to give me the effect without any noticed side effects.    Does anyone know why Cisco recommends against doing this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: