Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unregistered Phone Report

Dear All,

Can someone help me here?

is there anyway to generate the unregistered phone details from cucm?

If we have, please share the steps.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

RTMT may be able to help you out. Launch RTMT.

Then go to CallManager>Devices>Device Search>Open Device Search>Phone (see below)

Then select "Unregistered", choose your CallManager (or "Any") then choose Next or Finish.

If you choose Next you can further fine tune what gets displayed.

Note that this report focuses on "Unregistered" devices. This means that the device was once registered. If a phone never registered, then it will not show up in this report.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

RTMT may be able to help you out. Launch RTMT.

Then go to CallManager>Devices>Device Search>Open Device Search>Phone (see below)

Then select "Unregistered", choose your CallManager (or "Any") then choose Next or Finish.

If you choose Next you can further fine tune what gets displayed.

Note that this report focuses on "Unregistered" devices. This means that the device was once registered. If a phone never registered, then it will not show up in this report.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please rate helpful posts.

Dear William,

Thanks for your information.

I have one more question. I am able to generate the registered phone list without any issue, but unable to do unregistered phone. Do i need to enable something?

Please help me here.

There is no special parameter that I am aware of which would enable/disable the ability to report on unregistered phones. Are you getting an error message or just an empty table? If you were expecting more devices to be listed then you may be running into a common problem. A device is only reported as unregistered if it, at one time, held a status of registered. This could mean a few things. The most common reason is that a device was configured but never seen on the network. The second most common is that a device that was once unregistered, never re-registered, and the record status has timed out or the phone was reset (from CCMAdmin, BAT, etc.).

To test, you can take a registered phone and disconnect it from the network. Give RIS a minute or so to propagate the data and then run the unregistered query again.

Now, this won't solve the problem if you really just want to see all devices that are not registered (whether they be "unregistered", etc.). From RTMT you can query on devices that are only configured in the database. You may also need to query on rejected or partially registered status as well. Personally, I use a tool I developed to get this information so I may be out of touch with recent updates to RTMT capabilities.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Bill:

Do you know how long the record status time-out is?

The second most common is that a device that was once unregistered, never re-registered, and the record status has timed out or the phone was reset (from CCMAdmin, BAT, etc.).

Hi!

I'm using the command “show risdb query phone” in order to export the information.

Do you know how can I filter the unregistered phones whit this command?

Thanks a lot!

Any way to export this to CSV, etc.?

Unfortunately there is no native way of achieving this. You can do like this. Device > Phone > Find all phones (You can better select with the required models here, otherwise all your CTI ports/Analog ports will pop up)
Find all the phones and copy the content and paste it to a Excel file. Then you can filter with the Unregistered status
A bit of workaround with excel files, but still works !!

Hope this Helps
Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

How are you copying this from RTMT to paste onto Excel? I cant seem to do so.

No option of copying from RTMT. I meant navigate to Device > Phone and Find all phones. You can basically copy the details and paste it to an excel file. Then you can Filter with the status

Hope this helps

Cheers

Rath!

Hi Rath,
What I meant is, how did you copy the details and paste into excel? Ctrl a, or Ctrl c does not seem to work.
Regards

Yes. Just copied the content using your mouse copy and paste it to a Excel file.

Phone Reg.png

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

Just wanted to follow up ...

To past into Excel, use the Paste Special option - either by clicking on Paste Icon > Paste Special, or hitting Ctrl+Alt+V. Then select Unicode text.

Would be nice if Cisco could unify phone reporting between BAT, RTMT and CLI -- and add export as pdf or excel file from RTMT!

use the tool in the website given below to pull the registration report:

https://www.networkclan.com/tools/voicetools/

Hello, mind to share the SQL query for unregistered phone with this VoiceTools.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: