cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Untiy Connection 8.5 - Exchange 2003 > 2010 (Script creating new messaging account)

ronfiander
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I have a client who recently upgraded their Exchange environment from 2003 to 2010, and Connection cannot detect the mailbox moves, and they are stuck manually creating new unified messaging accounts that access the new mailbox location.

They have alot of users, and wanted to know if there was a way to script updating all the users to have new unified messaging accounts.

The manual process can be found in the "Unified Messaging Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Relase 8.x" subsection "Replacing Connection 8.5 and Later Unified Messaging Accounts After You Move Exchange Mailboxes"; what I need is some sort of automated process, or a way to script these changes.

I apologize if there is an obvious answer to this question, but I have never done this so I'm not really sure what the next steps would be outside of us manually recreating all these accounts.

Thanks,

Ron                 

1 Reply 1

ronfiander
Level 1
Level 1

Went through PDI and they were able to help me out, below was the information they provided (Cheers!):

You can achieve it through Bulk Administrative Tool (BAT).

Following steps need to be done:

1) Export UM account through BAT:

- Select Operation as "Export", Select object type as "Unified Messaging Accounts"

- Save the CSV file.

- confirm that data is populated properly in exported CSV file.

2) Remove old UM Service

3) Add new UM Service

4) update exported CSV file

- Replace value of "ServiceDisplayName" as newly added UM Service in the exported CSV file.

5) Import the updated CSV file through BAT:

- Select Operation as "Create", Select object type as "Unified Messaging Accounts" and submit it.

--------------------------------------------------------

-Ron