Views
Helpful
Replies

Update IM& Presence from 9.0.1 to 9.1.1

paulheilmeier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

i try to upgrade IM&P from Version 9.0.1.10000-21 to Version 9.1.1.10000-8.

But i always receice the Message "The version obtained from the name does not match the active or inactive version of the publisher." , regardless if ftp/sftp or dvd.

The MD5 is same es provided by cisco, there shouldn't be an crc error.

My CUCM is running 9.1.1.10000-11.

Any suggestions?

10 Replies 10

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I've not done that particular upgrade yet, but CUP 9.1 reports (

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/compatibility/9_1_1/IM_P_Compatibility.html#wp657330) compatibility with CUCM9.1 only.

I suspect it might be checking the version of your CUCM - have you upgraded that?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yes, the CUCM is upgraded, and is working...

I can't find any statement, which describes the IM&P 9.1.1.10000-8 and CUCM 9.1.1.10000-11 are incompatible together.

Hi all,

any news for this problem? I have the same issue....

Thanks a lot.

Stefano

Hi Stefano,

very simple in our case.

We don't have any connection between CUCM and IM&P, IM&P was a clean install.

The IM&P needs to know which version on CUCM is running,  you need to do a basic configure to connect both together.

After the connection was done, we are able to upgrade the IM&P cause the IM&P can check the CUCM Version.

This upgrade is only working, if the CUCM has in the active/standby partition the v 9.1.1.

I hope it is working for you too!

Regards Paul

Hi Paul,

I faced the same problem, but unfortunately despite correct connection with CUCM publisher which is actually upgraded to 9.1 version I'm unable to upgrade my CUPS server.

I verified connectivity via Cisco Unified CM IMand Presence Administration -> System-> CUCM Publisher and I got :

*reachability: reacheable

*connectivity: connected

*ip secure login: successfull

*publisher version: 9.1.1.10000(11)

Do you know maybe how to overcome this error. Maybe workaround proposed by Cisco on Bug Toolkit will be a solution:

Workaround:
A workaround exists but it requires root access. The upgrade filter must be edited to bypass the check on the upgrade file. Only to be done when we are sure the error isn't valid. Everything listed above must first be checked.

Do yo know maybe how to procees such workaround?

Regards

Robert

Hi Robert,

sorry unfortunately no i don't know.

Also i can't tell you how to gain root access. This should be done with Cisco TAC, cause you should know what you do with root on the REHL...

Regards Paul

Hi to all,

i had a similar issue and in my case the problem was that in System ---- CUCM Publisher where there was a wrong hostname of CUCM

Everything in CUP works fine but when i tried to upgrade CUP from 8.6 to 9.1 i saw this error. I had correct the hostname and the upgrade worked fine.

04/12/2013 20:20:50 upgrade_manager.sh|********************************************************************************|<:INFO>

04/12/2013 20:20:50 upgrade_manager.sh|ERROR: The CUCM Publisher must have 9.1 installed before upgrading CUCM IM and Presence to 9.1.1.20000-5|<:INFO>

04/12/2013 20:20:50 upgrade_manager.sh|       CUCM Publisher currently has installed:|<:INFO>

04/12/2013 20:20:50 upgrade_manager.sh|            Active Version:   |<:INFO>

04/12/2013 20:20:50 upgrade_manager.sh|            Inactive Version: |<:INFO>

04/12/2013 20:20:50 upgrade_manager.sh|********************************************************************************|<:INFO>

I attempted the upgrade immediately after installing and had this issue.  After the CUPS configuration, I was able to proceed with the upgrade.  Thanks for the tip Paul!

kevinmpotts
Level 1
Level 1

I've got the answer for you! If you create another VM with the correct OVA just install the new version. There is no licensing requirement for Presence/IM now that you are on Enterprise Licensing Manager ELM.

I did that since there is some kind of bug of doing an upgrade in the OS Administration Upgrade..

It worked out fine for me.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

David Sandoval
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul, I was able to upgrade my IM&P server by changing the name of the iso image in the datastore on our UCS server.

I just changed it from UCSInstall_CUP_9.1.1.10000-8.sgn.iso to UCSInstall_CUP_9.1.1.20000-5.sgn.iso and it allowed me to continue to the next phase.

On the next page it showed it upgrade options, and this page showed UCSInstall_CUP_9.1.1.10000-8 as the upgrade version, but allowed me to continue. It seems like the verification script used on the Presence server is only checking the actual name of the Disc, to verify the version against Call Manager.

Worked for me, so hopefully it works for you too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: