cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade 6.1 to 7.1 - Change Server - Change DLU.

publiofranco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we have to upgrade a callmanager 6.1 to 7.1.  Actually there are no subscribers, after the upgrade we will have 1 Publisher and two subscribers.

Our customer wants to do the upgrade with minimal downtime and before the end of this month.  We have two licenses for new 7.1 callmanagers and one upgrade license will be obtained via a software subscription, that is registered but not active yet, so have we are not able to request the Upgrade license yet.

To start working before the upgrade license arrive and comply with the customer having Callmanager 7.1 up and running before the end of this month, we can backup the 6.1 Callmanager and restore it to a new server, then upgrade the new server to 7.1, but my questions are:

1.       Do the 6.1 licenses, DLUs and servers, work after restore since it is not the same mac?

2.       Once we obtain the upgrade license, will that upgrade license work to attach the old server to the cluster?

I will appreciate your comments on this issue.

2 Replies 2

whamblin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To get the 6.1 licenses and DLUs to work on the new cluster you will have to "rehost" your licenses.  You can do this by contacting licensing@cisco.com.

The upgrade media that is shipped will contain a PAK that you can register to your new cluster/hardware.

I think to do this process:

1. Backup CUCM Actual (Now is 6.1.2.1000.13) with DRS Backup

2. Install CUCM 6.1.2.1000.13 in new Server

4. Restore data with on the new server.

5. Upgrade to CUCM 6.3, because 6.2.2.1000.13 can not direct upgrade to 7.1

6. Upgrade to CUCM 7.1.

7. upload license that licensing@cisco.com will send to me, on the new server (only DLU license)

8. I have a license for new CUCM 7.1. Also, load that license.

9. Install the other new subscriber.

Then when I receive the New PAK (upgrade license) for old Server Publisher, I also will install like subscriber. I can load this license for subscriber?

Is that ok ? I can to do that process?

I will appreciate your help..

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: