Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade and Migration CUCM 10.5 to 12.5 using PCD

fendra.lp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts..

We are planning on migrate our customer CUCM then Upgrade it to 12.5 using PCD.

Our CUCM existing version is 10.5.2.13037-1

Here is my questions :

1. As seen from our CUCM version, we already did install the device packCUCM version.JPG

When migrating to the new VM clusters, Do i need to install the cop file as well or it is enough using iso file only with the matching Build patch code? (ex : 10.5.2.13037-1 using 10.5.2.13900-12 iso file)

2. When we upgraded to CUCM 12.5 version, what happen with ITL for each IP phone, do we need reset security for each phone? BTW our CUCM cluster is not secure..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1. you need to use the iso image. u don't need to bother about the old device package. your new CUCM will have required firmwares. if you need the very  latest u can load it later. 

2. if you are using PCD, you don't need to. 

https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/emea/docs/2020/pdf/BRKUCC-2011.pdf >> its PCD live document. 

But you need to go through the below. and make sure that you have all prerequisites available. 

Upgrade and Migration Guide

Release Notes for the applications which you're going to upgrade and the PCD.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

1. you need to use the iso image. u don't need to bother about the old device package. your new CUCM will have required firmwares. if you need the very  latest u can load it later. 

2. if you are using PCD, you don't need to. 

https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/emea/docs/2020/pdf/BRKUCC-2011.pdf >> its PCD live document. 

But you need to go through the below. and make sure that you have all prerequisites available. 

Upgrade and Migration Guide

Release Notes for the applications which you're going to upgrade and the PCD.

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for the clarify and that documentation help me alot,,

cheers..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: