Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Instructions

k6lw
Level 4
Level 4

Just upgraded Unity to 4.0.4.

During the upgrade, instruction step 11 says to check the upgrade unity box, check the enable TTS if licensed, and UNCHECK Install Voice Card Software.

I have a dual integration Unity server which has one Dialogic Voice card in it.

When upgrading the server shouldn't the voice software be upgraded too?

Shouldn't this step say: "If your server is equipped with a Dialogic Voice Card, check this box, otherwise uncheck it"?

Am I going to have any problems since I followed the instructions and unchecked the box?

Lee

3 Replies 3

bbenner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Lee,

The dox say:

Step 11

In the Select Features dialog box:

a. Check the Install Cisco Unity check box.

b. If the Cisco Unity license includes text to speech, check the Enable TTS check box.

If not, uncheck the Enable TTS check box.

c. If the Cisco Unity server or an attached expansion chassis contains Intel Dialogic voice cards, check the Install Voice Card Software check box.

If not, uncheck the Install Voice Card Software check box.

If Windows Server 2003 is installed on the Cisco Unity server, the Install Voice Card Software check box is not available.

So, if you have Intel Dialogic voice cards, check the "Install Voice Card Software" check box.

Thanks Lee,

Beau

So since my copy of the Docs didn't state to check the box, can I just upgrade the Dialogic portion?

In other words re-run the set-up and uncheck everything EXCEPT the dialogic option.

Lee

I'm not certain. I'll make some time today to test that out.

I would expect that re-running the setup and unchecking everything would either uninstall or disable all of your config. Perhaps just re-running the setup and configuring everything the way it should be is a better solution.