Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade/Migration from Existing CUWL 6.1 Professional to CUWL 9.0 Enhanced

ibrahimsiddiqui
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We want to upgrade from Cisco CUWL 6.1 Professional License for 500 users to Cisco CUWL 9.0 Professional Enhanced Users.

I am looking for the part numbers but unable to find, can any one help me for this ?

Regards

Ibrahim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes.

Surapong Niramoncherdchai

Systems Engineer

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Enhanced is different from cuwl you have cuwl pro next to both. Please put the right type of licensing since pro is higher than enhanced and you can upgrade but not downgrade

Thanks

Srini

My Apologize, I mean to say that CUWL 6.1 PRO to CUWL 9.0 PRO.

Regards

Ibrahim Javed

Use the CUWL-PRO-K9 and within that you can see the upgrade sku

Thanks

Srini

sniramon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the customer has valid UCSS then you can upgrade using PUT, otherwise  you have to purchase reinstatement of UCSS then your customer will be able to upgrade to the current version. Please visit CUWL ordering guide for more info of reinstatement of UCSS, http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/finalcopy.pdf

Yes Sniramon, Customer UCSS contact has been expired already.

So you mean to say that first customer has to purchase the UCSS (UCSS-UWL-PRO 500 users) for existing CUWL PRO 6.1 for 500 users with valid ESW/SESW/CON and after that they can go to PUT Tool and apply for the upgrade software, is that correct?

And Hardware needs to be purchase separately incase it is not compatible with the 9.0 Applications.

Regards

Ibrahim Javed

If customer's UCSS expire then customer has to purchase "reinstatement for UCSS". You can see more info of reinstatement follow the link above. After customer purchased then they will be able to access PUT tool and get the current software.

Thanks for the update.

It means that

L-CUWL-MISC

L-REINST-UWL-PRO (500)

will be required along with CON-SESW/ESW for the software parts and CON for the hardware.

After coming under the UCSS we can apply for the upgrade, is that correct.

Regards

Ibrahim Javed

Yes.

Surapong Niramoncherdchai

Systems Engineer

Apart from the part codes for CUWL re-instatement below:

L-CUWL-MISC

L-REINST-UWL-PRO (500)

Would you not need to put UCSS on top as well? that is L-UCSS-UWL-PRO-3-1 (500)

One of our customers is in a similar situation. So I thought I would clarify.

Regards,

Zeeshan

Did you realize there was a private partner Collaboration Community for you to get assistance and access to partner-specific resources, programs and resources?  Here is the URL: https://communities.cisco.com/community/partner/collaboration?view=overview.

This public Collaboration Community is targeted at helping our customers and prospective customers, and we highly encourage you to participate keeping in mind that the information is helpful and relevant to our target customers and prospective customers audiences. Since this post provides beneficial information to our target audiences we are happy to leave it here but in future if you find you are asking something specific to partners only, please do post to the private partner community.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: